MWM 31 ISO freeware video editing software

itburnswhenipee

Lonestar
May 25, 2005
Maryland
Marklar
₥797
I thought there was a thread on this a couple weeks ago, but I can't seem t find it.

Can one of you a/v geeks point me at a freeware application that I can use to bodge together clips from different .vob files? Ideally it will also be able to handle ac3 audio.

itburnswhenipee said:
I thought there was a thread on this a couple weeks ago, but I can't seem t find it.

Can one of you a/v geeks point me at a freeware application that I can use to bodge together clips from different .vob files? Ideally it will also be able to handle ac3 audio.

editing vob files and/or splicing them can be quite difficult. I do all my work in avi/mpg format then convert to vob if they are going to dvd.

BeeRad said:
editing vob files and/or splicing them can be quite difficult. I do all my work in avi/mpg format then convert to vob if they are going to dvd.

Even to do something simple like snip bits out of a .vob and paste them elsewhere?

itburnswhenipee said:
Even to do something simple like snip bits out of a .vob and paste them elsewhere?
A VOB is a Video OBject. Its a container file. The format inside could be anyone's guess, although typically its MPEG2.

It would be much easier to give a better explanation of what you're trying to do so we can pair you up with the right tools/technique.

theacoustician said:
A VOB is a Video OBject. Its a container file. The format inside could be anyone's guess, although typically its MPEG2.

It would be much easier to give a better explanation of what you're trying to do so we can pair you up with the right tools/technique.

Okay. I wish to cut sections out of a .vob file and write them to a dvd with some .vob files from another dvd.

itburnswhenipee said:
Okay. I wish to cut sections out of a .vob file and write them to a dvd with some .vob files from another dvd.

I really dont know what to tell ya cause in my experience you dont work with vob files in this manner. Anyone?

itburnswhenipee said:
allright... new strategy. What would you recommend I use to rip a dvd to something I do know how to work with?
If a VOB is just usually an mpeg2 file, cant you just rename it and open it up in whatever? I dunno, I say use Adobe Premiere.

ceiling fly said:
If a VOB is just usually an mpeg2 file, cant you just rename it and open it up in whatever? I dunno, I say use Adobe Premiere.
That's not a good idea as a VOB can contain multiple MPEG files.

Hint : How do you think chapters in DVDs work?

Answer : They are separate MPEG files.