Music

Pseudo-on topic, my hometown is the supposed birthplace of that amazing and professional sport known as Backyard Wrestling.

I was actually just listening to some Tragically Hip which is a Canadian band and I got to thinking...

What Band did you grow up next to? I tend to hear where bands are from and am quite surprised how close I was to them in location. For instance when I was younger we used to go watch Creed in basically garage shows. Usually they were in backyards but "garage band" is the more common term. When I lived in Canada the Barenaked Ladies were on a local kids morning TV show. I never got to meet them or anything but its still cool they lived so close. My brother did get to meet his favorite band Our Lady Peace who was also a local band for us growing up.

Any good stories of knowing a band before they were popular or growing up in the same area as a popular band did?

First of all, Creed, wtf? I would rather stab myself in the eye with a hiv ridden needle than listen to Creed. Secondly, I'm from West Virginia so I can no longer participate in this thread.

First of all, Creed, wtf? I would rather stab myself in the eye with a hiv ridden needle than listen to Creed. Secondly, I'm from West Virginia so I can no longer participate in this thread.

I still enjoy listening to Creed, in fact they were probably one of the best shows at livestock 10, 11, 9? shit they all ran together by now. They played to the crowd, not at us. Brought out his son, did a whole dedication to him with him on his knee. It was just an amazing all around set. Many people dislike them but until yesterday it was in my car cd player :fly:

Oh and besides growing up a bit, the show with 10 people in a backyard was almost the same as the thousands they played to at livestock. You can and always have been alble to tell they are playing for there fans.

I still enjoy listening to Creed, in fact they were probably one of the best shows at livestock 10, 11, 9? shit they all ran together by now. They played to the crowd, not at us. Brought out his son, did a whole dedication to him with him on his knee. It was just an amazing all around set. Many people dislike them but until yesterday it was in my car cd player :fly:

Oh well there goes that. It was good while it lasted window lova.

Bwhahahhahaha, how did they sell out exactly? Because they made money and became popular? Or did it have to do with the non stop charitable donations they made to many christian groups? Rebuilding churches?

Bwhahahhahaha, how did they sell out exactly? Because they made money and became popular? Or did it have to do with the non stop charitable donations they made to many christian groups? Rebuilding churches?

They are Bush wannabies who started out as a Christian group and then jumped ship when the money came around. How can you possibly take up for Scott Stapp?

I guess the band Ringworm is from Cleveland, too. huh. As well as Tracy Chapman. who knew?

They are Bush wannabies who started out as a Christian group and then jumped ship when the money came around. How can you possibly take up for Scott Stapp?

How did they jump ship? The band Creed was NEVER a full christian rock band and never said they were. The reason some of the songs had that theme is because Scott Stapp is a big Christian. Right now he is actually doing a project that is 100% christian rock with MXPX. And all I can do is :fly: at "Bush wannabies".

I still :heart: U though

How did they jump ship? The band Creed was NEVER a full christian rock band and never said they were. The reason some of the songs had that theme is because Scott Stapp is a big Christian. Right now he is actually doing a project that is 100% christian rock with MXPX. And all I can do is :fly: at "Bush wannabies".

I still :heart: U though

Big sell out.

OMG YOU are so hot to me right now.

Should little be in quotes? Did you mean to say younger?

No actually, I weighed no more than 150 pounds and benched well over 220 until I graduated HS. Going into HS I only weighed 120 pounds...

I actually had this open already but this was me junior year

spoiler tags cause this isnt a pic thread.
pat3.jpg

Last edited: