Music of Final Fantasy by the Symphony Orchestra

Fat Burger said:
FF3/6 is the only one I've really played, and the music is so old school and cheesy I probably wouldn't recognize it if played properly by a symphony orchestra :eek:

You'd be surprised. The theme that did to 6 was quite recognizable.

And I think One Winged Angel was my favorite. By far. Liberi Fatali would be cool with the AMV, as that is just fun. All in all, though, it is a fairly weak song.

Zanarkand was, cool. I would have prefered to hear Spiran Scenary. Of course, that is mostly guitar song. (Speaking of, Dear Friends was really good.)

Yeah, I think it is safe to say I liked this show. :)

SpangeMonkee said:
there's just a certain level of culture you expect when you go to the symphony despite what is playing.

BTW: we need pics of you guys all dressed up.
screw that. it's a game concert. i'm noty dressing up. I will however bathe.

Onnotangu said:
screw that. it's a game concert. i'm noty dressing up. I will however bathe.
If you don't at least show in khakis and a polo, I think they should bar you at the door. Bathing is not optional.

theacoustician said:
If you don't at least show in khakis and a polo, I think they should bar you at the door. Bathing is not optional.

There's not a dress code for going to the symphony is there??? It's just more of an assumption that people are going to be dressing nice isn't it?

BigDov said:
There's not a dress code for going to the symphony is there??? It's just more of an assumption that people are going to be dressing nice isn't it?
No, I'm saying there should be though. And people too fucking dumb to turn off their cell phones and not to take flash pictures after being asked repeatedly not to need to be taken down, Land of the Dead style.

I do believe they didn't want people taking pictures, period. :) Though, it was only the people that used flashes that really pissed me off. That was actually far worse than the dress code.

As to the dress code.... I still don't know how I feel about that. I mean, yeah it would be nice. But I would be willing to bet a large portion of the people that were not wearing nicer clothes didn't have any. Now, I do believe they could afford it (I mean, we were at a 60 dollar show), but I don't know if I would require it.

Of course, I'm also of the opinion that a dress code is probably a good thing in the office... I think that is simply because I think people are more productive (as a whole) when they are following a certain routine. And the best routines start first thing in the morning. (No, I've got nothing to back this stuff up.)

I should add that I probably only feel this way because I'm worried I might not fit the dress code. :fly:

taeric said:
I should add that I probably only feel this way because I'm worried I might not fit the dress code. :fly:
Dude, you're the most metro GQ dude I know. If you don't meet a dress code, no one else here stands a chance.

theacoustician said:
No, I'm saying there should be though. And people too fucking dumb to turn off their cell phones and not to take flash pictures after being asked repeatedly not to need to be taken down, Land of the Dead style.

Definitely.

I remember when I was a Disneyworld how one woman got ejected from the place for taking tons of flash photography. every 3 minutes she was snapping a picture or two. she claimed that she didnt know she couldnt dispite being told at the beginning, hanging signs and a automated voice that said 'no flash photography please' that went off every time she took a picture.

taeric said:
Which restaurant was that?

And I can't really see why it mattered what people were dressed like. I would have preferred that everyone dressed well; but be honest, were you really expecting that from everyone?

Any favorite songs?

The dress I could handle to a point...it was the smell coming from some of the people that I could not...

I liked the last one the best. Andthey played it twice...damn, what was the name. Angel wing or something...

BTW...there are pics of us crazy kids in another thread..."since I can't find"

Last edited:
theacoustician said:
umm it's detroit. and hot outside. and I paid for my ticket. I'll dress anyway I please as long as I meet the shirt and shoes policy.

there are No posted rules for the DSO building regaurding dress code. i don't need to dress up fer music the same way I don't need to dresss up for no preacher and church.
:rant:

Onnotangu said:
umm it's detroit. and hot outside. and I paid for my ticket. I'll dress anyway I please as long as I meet the shirt and shoes policy.

there are No posted rules for the DSO building regaurding dress code. i don't need to dress up fer music the same way I don't need to dresss up for no preacher and church.
:rant:
So? Its Atlanta and its hotter. Still no reason for disrepecting the place.

theacoustician said:
But the people in tuxes performing for you do. If you don't feel the need to show them respect, that's fine I guess.
i showed My respect by Buying the expensive ticket. hell I already Got the damn import cds. and the piano music.

show me some respect by not making shitty final fantasy games like #8 and up.