FYI music makes everything better

His band up and quit one day. He turns to them and says "you guys are stupid and crazy for going off on your own!".
A year later their first Earth Wind and Fire album was released.
Ok, I rushed in like an ass on that. He may very well have had a band that became EWF - just not this particular one. My apologies nukes.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
This is highly incorrect - only Morice White became part of EWF. None of the players on his Solar Wind album ever played with EWF. Ramsey's put out 80 albums in 83 years - it all becomes a blur.
I often/usually don't like his sound due to the RHodes and other keys he would choose. But Solar Wind(album) is almost all covers and has a great vibe imo. I credit bassist Cleveland Eaton for some of that. And Steve Cropper on guitar. The only white boy in the bunch.:p:D
I always liked this one too - none of Ramsey clinking on the Rhodes or some shit. 7+ minutes of just smooth groove.

The information I got was from a direct Ramsey Lewis interview. And he claimed it was two or three of his band members.
Jazz guys lie sometimes as do all musicians.

• Gravy
Statistically speaking the Ramsey was correct. The chances that these guys were going to go off on their own and fall right the f*** on their face were astronomical compared to the actual success that they had. All Talent notwithstanding there's usually at any given time 10 or 20 earth wind and fires that don't get off the ground because they just don't.

Statistically speaking the Ramsey was correct. The chances that these guys were going to go off on their own and fall right the f*** on their face were astronomical compared to the actual success that they had. All Talent notwithstanding there's usually at any given time 10 or 20 earth wind and fires that don't get off the ground because they just don't.
Other thing complicating a discussion of Ramsey's band is that he rarely used the same guys for more than 1 or 2 albums. So out of his 80 albums you have the makings of 40+ "bands".

• Gravy
Other thing complicating a discussion of Ramsey's band is that he rarely used the same guys for more than 1 or 2 albums. So out of his 80 albums you have the makings of 40+ "bands".
It makes me wonder what kind of dick head he is is a band leader. It would seem to me that a paycheck in jazz or Jazz flavored R&B is way better than a non paycheck which seems to be Ramsey's recollection of his conversation with Maurice and Verdean.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and wetwillie
It makes me wonder what kind of dick head he is is a band leader. It would seem to me that a paycheck in jazz or Jazz flavored R&B is way better than a non paycheck which seems to be Ramsey's recollection of his conversation with Maurice and Verdean.
Well, he is a penist. Band mates probably want his 2 lips on their organ.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and nukes