music is like the best invention ever

The cd comes in one format as one type of media which you can convert and place on any media player just like.... Gasp... Downloaded media.

I don't normally buy CDs since they are a pain in the arse. Lately if I appreciate a song I hear online or on the radio I will get it off iTunes.

...I dislike supporting iTunes tho. Sacrifices.

I am guilty of downloading too.

Use the Amazon MP3 store. Same prices or lower, especially if you sign up for their email list and hit the free tracks/ $5 Friday specials. All mp3s are 256kbps VBR, no DRM so its higher quality than iTunes.

Use the Amazon MP3 store. Same prices or lower, especially if you sign up for their email list and hit the free tracks/ $5 Friday specials. All mp3s are 256kbps VBR, no DRM so its higher quality than iTunes.
Very good information. I am an Amazon whore already with the prime shipping package. I will look into this when I get home.

Unfortunately, my phone only syncs with iTunes so I can't completely get rid of the vile software.

I still like having the CD. Then I can listen to the music however I want instead of how someone else decided I should listen to it.

i feel this way, too. it makes me nervous not to SEE what i bought. but theac did a pretty good job of convincing me about this newfoungled way of buying and storing music. i still am uncomfortable...but it doesn't matter either way because we don't have money to spend on music. :fly:

but that youtube thing is interesting: i don't really know how it works...who puts the music videos on there? i see where if you went to a concert and taped it on the phone, it might be considered stealing, but what about the other vids on there? i'd like to know more.

Kick ass. I hate iTunes but have always used them.

you spend more of those silly figures than you do on your music. I sample what I like from the artist's myspace or last.fm and then buy what I like on itunes or straight rom the artist.

cds are not that expensive now a days even the imports.

anyways i don't have any anime figurines cause they would make me look ultra dorky and i don't want to spend the money.

hard copies of stuff take up space, and i simply have no use for a CD now days, it would just make me have to work a lot more to get the music on my ipod. i checked itunes and they actually had some albums i couldn't find available for "free" online, which is cool and all but i'm not a fan of apple and supporting them and last time i checked they released music only playable on ipods... sure you can convert them and all but thats just another hassle.

and to be honest i'm just a cheap motherfucker with no soul

I agree. A few weeks ago I posted in the Random thread about purchasing a couple of albums. I'm totally impressed. Really slick. Only thing I didn't check out was if you lose your mp3s (Say harddrive dies), whether Amazon will allow you to download them again. Right now I have my music backed up to my fileserver. As money permits, I'll go through and replace albums with Amazon copies. Shit, half of the pirated albums I have are pre-releases ripped at shit quality. So by switching to Amazon, I kill two birds with one stone: paying the artist for their music and getting better quality. Oh yeah Amazon also has the Album Covers in with the albums (if you choose to download the album).

Some great deals for Polo:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Alain-Chante-Michou/dp/B0011WD4A4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1222218526&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Alain Chante Michou: Alain Turban: MP3 Downloads[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ab-in-die-Sonne/dp/B0011WIPDU/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1222218526&sr=1-9"]Amazon.com: Ab in die Sonne: Chris Marlow: MP3 Downloads[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/1-2-3fach-geil/dp/B0016OB27Y/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1222218526&sr=1-8"]Amazon.com: 1-2-3fach geil: Strandjäger: MP3 Downloads[/ame]

Last edited: