Ontopic Mud Angels

Mr. Argumentor

I fab shitboxes and shitbox accessories.
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
₥73,690
Steam
asastang
So, Dad went to Florence in the '60s to study abroad when he was at FSU.

While there the Arno river flooded. The 5-6 students that were there helped clean up the flood and save a lot of the artwork at some of the local museums. They got a lot of acclaim and ended up getting the keys to the city. This year was the 50th anniversary and some FSU students went over there for a reception, as well as a couple of the original students.
Was a pretty big event apparently.

Some of the current students made a video with interviews of the original students and such.

Here's an article
http://www.magentaflorence.com/mud-angels-arrive-flood-commemorations/

neat!

“There was jewelry in the mud…People were picking up jewelry and putting it in their pockets. And I picked up a ring, a gold ring. There was a policeman and I gave it to him, and he put it in his pocket.

lol italian cops

can i ask why you say "Dad" instead of "My Dad" since he's your father and not ours.
just asking.
not trying to be a dick, i swear.
I've been meaning to ask you this for a while @Mr. Asa

i guess I'm used to saying MY dad cuz he's mine mine mine.

can i ask why you say "Dad" instead of "My Day" since he's your father and not ours.
just asking.

I think thats a southern thing, ive heard it from other people too. Like he's dad, he's familiar, its "comfortable" ?

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
can i ask why you say "Dad" instead of "My Dad" since he's your father and not ours.
just asking.

I have quite literally never thought of it. Dad is Dad. I never had anyone else that was Dad.

Hell, even my friends and my sister's friends just call him Dad.

I'm southern and I think I say "My father" or whatever. He always wanted us kids to call him Papa, but I was too cool for that growing up.

• Gravy
Reactions: MacG
I have quite literally never thought of it. Dad is Dad. I never had anyone else that was Dad.

Hell, even my friends and my sister's friends just call him Dad.

yeah i get that YOU call him dad
but here you address him as "dad" as if he was our dad.

i have a BFF that calls my mom MOM, but when I'm out and about talking about my mom to perfect strangers i say MY MOM...

just sounds weird thats all. must be a Southern Thing

yeah i get that YOU call him dad
but here you address him as "dad" as if he was our dad.

i have a BFF that calls my mom MOM, but when I'm out and about talking about my mom to perfect strangers i say MY MOM...

just sounds weird thats all. must be a Southern Thing
Sorry hon, I think I didn't explain that well, or I phrased it poorly. Let me be clear, everyone either calls him Dad or they know him as Mr. Dad's-Last-Name or by his first name.

I have one biological sister, and a half sister. My half sister is to my sister and I just a sister, however she first met Dad at age 12 or so. She considers him her Dad

My best friend's dad left his house when my best friend was 4 or 5, didn't come back into his life until he was not any sort of father but was instead Randy. He was close enough to my family that me calls my mother by "Mama Mom's-Last-Name" and my father by "Dad"

My younger sister's significant other didn't have a happy relationship with his family. He calls Dad "Dad"
Hell, my sister's SO's best friend calls Dad "Dad" about half the time.

I have two biological sisters, however I have about a dozen siblings. Dad is not just my dad, he has had enough of an impact on enough people's lives that he isn't just my dad, he is Dad.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Sorry hon, I think I didn't explain that well, or I phrased it poorly. Let me be clear, everyone either calls him Dad or they know him as Mr. Dad's-Last-Name or by his first name.

I have one biological sister, and a half sister. My half sister is to my sister and I just a sister, however she first met Dad at age 12 or so. She considers him her Dad

My best friend's dad left his house when my best friend was 4 or 5, didn't come back into his life until he was not any sort of father but was instead Randy. He was close enough to my family that me calls my mother by "Mama Mom's-Last-Name" and my father by "Dad"

My younger sister's significant other didn't have a happy relationship with his family. He calls Dad "Dad"
Hell, my sister's SO's best friend calls Dad "Dad" about half the time.

I have two biological sisters, however I have about a dozen siblings. Dad is not just my dad, he has had enough of an impact on enough people's lives that he isn't just my dad, he is Dad.
BUT WHY DO YOU CALL HIM DAD IN HEEEEERE INSTEAD OF SAYING "MY DAD"