Much Sadness :-(

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
4,543
0
0
42
Savannah, GA
crazymike said:
just to warn you, allergy shots don't start working right away. It can take a few months before your body accepts them.

The way most allergy shots work is by giving you a small dose of what you are allergic to and your body slowly learns how to fight it. Unless they have some new form of allergy shot....
Yeah, he has medicne too. Its like a 5 year process. He has to have two shots a week for the next 3 months, something like one every other week for the next year and so on. Sucks but getting rid of the cats is not an option!
 
V

Viremia

Guest
crazymike said:
just to warn you, allergy shots don't start working right away. It can take a few months before your body accepts them.

The way most allergy shots work is by giving you a small dose of what you are allergic to and your body slowly learns how to fight it. Unless they have some new form of allergy shot....
that's basically how they all work

the goal is to get your immune system from making "allergic" antibodies (IgE) and start making "protective" antibodies (IgG) which is accomplished by frequent exposure to low levels of the offending allergen

What the husband really needs to do is get ahold of some parasites. That'll give the "allergic" part of his immune system something to attack instead of the cat dander. ;)
 
S

smileynev

Guest
JJ Lady said:
Yeah, he has medicne too. Its like a 5 year process. He has to have two shots a week for the next 3 months, something like one every other week for the next year and so on. Sucks but getting rid of the cats is not an option!
If a loved one of mine had to go through a process like that, I would rather get rid of the problem.
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
damn, that is pretty sad - I guess I can kind of relate...

last night I got a phone call that my uncle (Mark) went crazy after accidentally overdosing on the pills he takes (he's bi-polar) - demiteximi something. Anyways, he wen't crazy, grabbed a cheese grader and tore the skin off my Aunt (Patricia) in the backyard where my cousin (Lil) was playing in the baby pool. After he skinned my aunt he told Lil it was natural for little girls to "eat their dead mommy's". Well, I don't want to go into graphic detail about any of this, I just wanted to tell you that I could relate to your sadness

bye now
 

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
4,543
0
0
42
Savannah, GA
elpmis said:
damn, that is pretty sad - I guess I can kind of relate...

last night I got a phone call that my uncle (Mark) went crazy after accidentally overdosing on the pills he takes (he's bi-polar) - demiteximi something. Anyways, he wen't crazy, grabbed a cheese grader and tore the skin off my Aunt (Patricia) in the backyard where my cousin (Lil) was playing in the baby pool. After he skinned my aunt he told Lil it was natural for little girls to "eat their dead mommy's". Well, I don't want to go into graphic detail about any of this, I just wanted to tell you that I could relate to your sadness

bye now

Wow...you are disturbed... :wtf:
 
S

smileynev

Guest
JJ Lady said:
And like I said...he wouldn't want to get rid of the cats either
Then you know what you must do. You must be the strong one for him and get rid of them yourself. Its for the best.
 

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
73,108
24,410
1,073
Steam
mattressfish
Viremia said:
What the husband really needs to do is get ahold of some parasites. That'll give the "allergic" part of his immune system something to attack instead of the cat dander. ;)

I've heard about some parasitic eggs, or something, they feed people with IBS. :fly:
 

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
4,543
0
0
42
Savannah, GA
long tall smiley said:
Then you know what you must do. You must be the strong one for him and get rid of them yourself. Its for the best.

No If I'm going to carry a baby or 2 around for 9 months and then puch a water mellon through a hole the size a golf ball he can get a few shots.

:fly:
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
JJ Lady said:
No If I'm going to carry a baby or 2 around for 9 months and then puch a water mellon through a hole the size a golf ball he can get a few shots.

:fly:
be he also puts up with a wife everyday, that's pretty hardcore too
 

Kevlar

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
1,810
1
0
That's easily worked around. I was raised on a ranch, rode and trained horses for half my life and guess what....I'm allergic to horses, you have no idea how hard that was and my parents never got me anything except something that would help me breath right. No shots, nothing but that stuff. As I got older I took some over the counter pills.

He can get shots for it....no worries :D
 
K

kikbot

Guest
I had one of those allergy tests done on my back. They pricked me with about 50 different allergins and I was extremely allergic to every one of them. I have 2 cats and sadly I'm allergic to both of them. I love them too much to get rid of them though.

JJ Lady said:
My husband just got done with an appointment at the alergy specialist. He is always sneezing and stuffy and has bad allergy fits at least once a week. I thought he was allergic to dust...turns out he is allergic to cats and guinea pigs. My babies! WHY? WHY???? :confused:
 

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
4,543
0
0
42
Savannah, GA
Kevlar said:
That's easily worked around. I was raised on a ranch, rode and trained horses for half my life and guess what....I'm allergic to horses, you have no idea how hard that was and my parents never got me anything except something that would help me breath right. No shots, nothing but that stuff. As I got older I took some over the counter pills.

He can get shots for it....no worries :D

Thank you :heart:
 

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
4,543
0
0
42
Savannah, GA
kikbot said:
I had one of those allergy tests done on my back. They pricked me with about 50 different allergins and I was extremely allergic to every one of them. I have 2 cats and sadly I'm allergic to both of them. I love them too much to get rid of them though.

He got 66 on his arm. they normally do 65 but since they just happened to have a guinea pig allergen they stuck him with that too. He also said they have one as a test that everyone is allergic too and that is itches and burns like a biotch!

I think I have a pretty good idea though since I am very allergic to mosquito bites and they swell like mad!
 
S

smileynev

Guest
JJ Lady said:
No If I'm going to carry a baby or 2 around for 9 months and then puch a water mellon through a hole the size a golf ball he can get a few shots.

:fly:
You birthed your cats?

That is fricken cool!
 

Syrup Beaver

pants log
Sep 30, 2004
47,775
245
648
49
beneath the soiled underbelly of the 'nev
Visit site
long tall smiley said:
WTF he is going through a traumatic family experience and you question his sanity?
Well all lose it when things like that happen.

Like the time I spent 12 years in a maximum security prison after my grandfather choked on a piece of veal at Olive Garden and the waiter laughed.

The waiter wasn't laughing when he was choking on his own spleen.