Hawt Movies you are excited about

what was my last update in here? anyway, shooting to get through 7-8 this weekend with quarantine and no music tools on my person.

once upon a time in... hollywood last night. you can tell tarantino had a lot of fun making it but dear god that was not for me. an absolute chore to drag myself through. tarantino's signature extremely long scenes did not do any favours for what already felt like a slow and long-winded movie. the most entertaining piece to me was the chemistry between leo and brad pitt and they so seldom got to be together.

ah, my last update was TLBMiSF. okay. will give tl;dr reviews/recommendations if anyone's looking for anything:

- the double, richard ayoade-directed adaptation of the dostoyevsky story. fucking loved what it was trying to do but think it fell just short of driving home how brilliant it could have been. i can see a lot of people not liking it, but it had great world-building to me and i want to rewatch it to see if the vagueness/confusion i experienced on first watch could be smoothed over by knowing the ending (and therefore understanding the theme a lot better).

- antigone, a modern french-canadian take on the greek tragedy framing the struggle of immigrants in the canadian justice system. really really well-adapted/written and an incredible lead performance, but felt under-directed (read: too amateur/indie). i wouldn't be surprised if it was a directorial debut because it felt like one (haven't checked). lots of fantastic moments of emotional and social depth, but they were almost always fleeting.

- baby driver, fun as fuck. honestly just a great upbeat watch. high recommendation for just a well-made, tight, mid-budget studio action/heist/crime film.

Lady Bird. Enjoyed it and good acting all round 8/10. Took me a minute to realise it was Rosanne's sister playing the mother.

Little Women next.

• Gravy
Reactions: definitely
Gonna watch Bladerunner on it?

BR2049 maybe. watched original blade runner not too long ago, but it's been a couple years since I saw 2049. I need to go on a bit of a denis villeneuve binge before Dune comes out too.