Hawt Movies you are excited about

saw the new star war thing yesterday
I label it "meh"
It had this brief moment of sincerity in the middle, that if the whole movie was like that it would have been great

The period from where Ben returns until about 15 minutes after. The acting and writing was better, and the movie had some levity. The period before that was just action fluff with no value and it got a bit silly again toward the end

Star wars these days is more action and less drama, and star wars of old was more of an even split.

It was better than The last Jedi at least though.

It had this brief moment of sincerity in the middle, that if the whole movie was like that it would have been great

The period from where Ben returns until about 15 minutes after. The acting and writing was better, and the movie had some levity. The period before that was just action fluff with no value and it got a bit silly again toward the end

Star wars these days is more action and less drama, and star wars of old was more of an even split.

It was better than The last Jedi at least though.

i agree with everything except the last sentence of this. this was legitimately the only decent section of the movie.

bottom 2 star wars movie.

went to see 2001 in an original 70mm roadshow screening tonight. the TIFF brings some preserved classic film rolls out of the reference library every once in a while for special runs.

kubrick was really a master man. fuck me.

i've never heard the original score that he commissioned for that, but scrapping it in post for ligeti and strauss was a necessity.

little women was....beautiful.

had the same problems as most book adaptations in the story, but greta's eye and a literally perfect cast made up for it. i will be watching that again. i smiled the entire time, teared up a bit, laughed a lot....haven't just plain felt that way from a movie in a while. very lovely.
This is one I’ve been looking forward to so I’m glad for this review.
If you let me down I’ll never forgive you.

interstellar 70mm screening today. actually haven't seen it before.

I was really hesitant to watch it back to back after 2001 because I wasn't sure how much I'd compare in my head, but it's a completely different type of movie. it's a movie about people with a space setting instead of a movie about space itself. still clunky nolan dialogue, but the usual visual and sonic spectacle I expect from him. glad that screening was the way I got to see it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
holy shit i just finished watching this!!!!

WOW .... Joaquin Phoenix acting is fucking amazing beyond words.. give him ALL the oscars

Sent from my Tapacaca bitchezzz

Even if it wasn't set in the Batman universe this movie would have been amazing.
Actually, If you remove the Batman thing from it, the movie becomes even more intense. It's a study of human mental frailty.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant