Hawt Movies you are excited about

jesus christ is that new star wars ever awful. I thought people had to be overreacting. they were not. they might have been underreacting.

• Haha
Reactions: Immigrant
I've also developed much better feelings toward TLJ now that I see what disney wanted to do with this trilogy. rian johnson said fuck the remake money grab and actually tried to make a movie with its own identity. this was truly artless and absolutely horrendous.

I've also developed much better feelings toward TLJ now that I see what disney wanted to do with this trilogy. rian johnson said fuck the remake money grab and actually tried to make a movie with its own identity. this was truly artless and absolutely horrendous.

This is exactly counter to what I’ve heard the “hardcore” Star Wars nerds saying. The ones I’ve heard hated Last Jedi. Or whatever Johnson’s movie was called. Part timer here.

I’m stupid enough to like em all. Yeah boooeeey

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
This is exactly counter to what I’ve heard the “hardcore” Star Wars nerds saying. The ones I’ve heard hated Last Jedi. Or whatever Johnson’s movie was called. Part timer here.

I’m stupid enough to like em all. Yeah boooeeey
TLJ was probably the best movie of the new trilogy. I liked them all, but I can make it through Phantom Menace with only 3 or 4 eyerolls, so maybe I'm not the best sample.

TLJ was probably the best movie of the new trilogy. I liked them all, but I can make it through Phantom Menace with only 3 or 4 eyerolls, so maybe I'm not the best sample.

I'm unsure which prequel it was, but the scene when Anakin gets his legs cut off during the lava sword fight was fuckin awesome. I love that one.

jesus christ is that new star wars ever awful. I thought people had to be overreacting. they were not. they might have been underreacting.
I liked it better than The Force Awakens. It's a JJ Abrams movie. It's not going to be very deep and there will be plot holes that make you scratch your head. I knew this going in. The Last Jedi is by far my favorite out of the last three.

I liked it better than The Force Awakens. It's a JJ Abrams movie. It's not going to be very deep and there will be plot holes that make you scratch your head. I knew this going in. The Last Jedi is by far my favorite out of the last three.

plot holes don't even really bother me, but TFA is a good movie to me because of the purpose it served. it was a franchise revival, so it needed to do a certain amount of fan service / nostalgia baiting, and leaving a bunch of doors open was fine as the opener of a trilogy because it was kind of implied that they were paths for the next movies to explore. walking out of it, I was very excited for the trilogy to come and i wasn't at all mad at what i had seen. it introduced everything well, left enough for people to theorize about in the 2 year wait....honestly, I don't think it really did anything wrong. not a great movie in itself or anything, but an effective and enjoyable star wars movie.

but this shit was just a plotfest. characters changed motives whenever it was convenient, the entire thing had no spine at all, and by the third movie in the trilogy there's no longer an excuse for half the characters to be from the old trilogy. let it go jj.

if killing chewie is what it takes for rey to realize her powers, then so be it. that has impact. that's good. don't bring him back because you can't stand making the fans mad.

they couldn't even commit to C3P0 having his memory wiped. not even dead! just rebooted!

little women was....beautiful.

had the same problems as most book adaptations in the story, but greta's eye and a literally perfect cast made up for it. i will be watching that again. i smiled the entire time, teared up a bit, laughed a lot....haven't just plain felt that way from a movie in a while. very lovely.

• Gravy
Reactions: kiwi and Immigrant