Hawt Movies you are excited about

Got muh tickets for Ford v. Ferrari on my birthday. It's gonna be great - cars and coffee in the morning, Toys 4 Tots benefit in the afternoon, then a brew pub and a movie.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
watched blade runner with my little brother last night.

forgot how mediocre of a director ridley scott is.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
watched blade runner with my little brother last night.

forgot how mediocre of a director ridley scott is.
It's visually stunning tho. But other than the Rutger Houer soliloquy, sadly I agree.
They say Phillip K. Dick died of a broken heart from this rendition of his story.

Not me tho. I say he died of pancreatic cancer as a complication of drug abuse.

• Gravy
Reactions: Dharma1521
It's visually stunning tho. But other than the Rutger Houer soliloquy, sadly I agree.
They say Phillip K. Dick died of a broken heart from this rendition of his story.

Not me tho. I say he died of pancreatic cancer as a complication of drug abuse.

yea the style and world-building were absolutely fantastic. just a really really hollow story.

I typically dislike overly long movies but villeneuve did a much better job with the story in BR2049. a compelling story and some actual character development.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
watched dr strangelove again last night and a clockwork orange for the first time today (there's a kubrick section on crave). strangelove remains one of the funniest movies I've seen and always a go-to favourite. clockwork orange was kinda fucked up. I like the surrealism, but the rape scenes were....yea, rape scenes, and the message was pretty damn heavy-handed.

• Gravy
watched dr strangelove again last night and a clockwork orange for the first time today (there's a kubrick section on crave). strangelove remains one of the funniest movies I've seen and always a go-to favourite. clockwork orange was kinda fucked up. I like the surrealism, but the rape scenes were....yea, rape scenes, and the message was pretty damn heavy-handed.
It was also not all that believable that a teenager who was totally into gang violence was going to be that into Beethoven.

It was also not all that believable that a teenager who was totally into gang violence was going to be that into Beethoven.

I actually found that pretty easy to suspend disbelief on, really just because he came across as one of those criminals who thinks they're far smarter than the average person. seemed like it would kind of fit in the incel niche with the rape, like he'd be a big 4chan poster or something nowadays. especially with the little speech about hating homeless/drunk people.

that nightmarish early alex character was probably my favourite part of the movie, uncomfortable rape scenes aside. felt like that whole world was some absurdist imagination realm. big fan of movies that feel like you're stuck in a surreal dream sequence.

• Gravy
was malcolm mcdowell ever in anything big again? I know his face but I swear he's one of those people you know without knowing why you know them.