Hawt Movies you are excited about

decided to name this week orson welles week and build myself up to watching the finally-finished-and-released other side of the wind. f for fake today. god was welles brilliant.

other side of the wind tomorrow.
they'll love me when i'm dead sunday.
Most of your generation has written off black and white film is Geezer work.

Most of your generation has written off black and white film is Geezer work.

i wouldn't necessarily agree. anyone truly into cinema appreciates it (of any age), anyone not into cinema wouldn't like auteur films or anything arthouse enough to incorporate it anyway.

2 of my favourite movies to come out last year were b&w. roma and cold war. both incredibly well-received among film lovers.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
as for othello;

didn't put it on the list this week. haven't watched it in ages though, should do that. this week (in order) was
- the stranger
- touch of evil
- lady from shanghai
- the trial
- f for fake

very excited to watch the other side of the wind tonight.

• Gravy
as for othello;

didn't put it on the list this week. haven't watched it in ages though, should do that. this week (in order) was
- the stranger
- touch of evil
- lady from shanghai
- the trial
- f for fake

very excited to watch the other side of the wind tonight.
What's your opinion on Metropolis?
Either soundtrack. But I'm partial to the original soundtrack myself.

What's your opinion on Metropolis?
Either soundtrack. But I'm partial to the original soundtrack myself.

an important piece of arthouse cinema that i'll probably never watch again.

one of those things that I think you have to respect and watch at least once, but not something I sit down and pop on on movie night, if that makes sense.

• Gravy
an important piece of arthouse cinema that i'll probably never watch again.

one of those things that I think you have to respect and watch at least once, but not something I sit down and pop on on movie night, if that makes sense.
It does. Nosferatu is on the list. There's a French war movie I can't recall the name of, then of course M by Fritz Lang.

It does. Nosferatu is on the list. There's a French war movie I can't recall the name of, then of course M by Fritz Lang.

Theres a movie called Shadow of the Vampire , about the making of Nosferatu, starring willem defoe
The premise being that the part of the vampire was played by a real vampire
Havent seen it in years but I remember it being pretty good, may have to rewatch it

• Gravy
I watched the first Hellboy and part of the second. I like them. I'm not familiar with the comic but John Hurt, Doug Jones and Ron Pearlman are worth giving anything a chance.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
  • Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie