Hawt Movies you are excited about

Saw Alien Covenant
It was totally meh
Looked great, but the story was basically a carbon copy of prometheus
Total yawn fest

Yup. I watched it this week too. I liked the AVP backstory about how the aliens spread across the galaxy (as hunting challenges for the predator species) better than this version

that basically states a creation of mankind, a megalomaniac genocidal android, created the facehugger/burster/warrior/queen colony xenomorph. The fact that no one even caught on to the fact of David immediately changing his hair to look like Walter or even thought this was odd and set off red flags was just silly. Also, just about everyone of the crew of that colony vessel was incompetent as fuck.

Also watched the Tom Cruise version of the Mummy.

4/10. great special effects but the 'Tom Cruise plays a scoundrel who must become a savior' trope is played out. It worked in Edge of Tomorrow but he just doesn't fit comfortably in that role anymore.

Dude is still ripped as fuck, though.

Has anyone of you snooty, movie nerds seen Valerian yet? It's getting meh reviews, but I really still kinda wanna see it in the theatre.

I haven't but I hear it's fucking gorgeous so almost work seeing in the theatre for that reason alone.

True story, I actually kinda liked Jupiter Rising. kinda. Not for the story, but the visuals. Amazing world building. The concept had huge potential, the universe they built could have been fascinating, but the core elements of the story were just dumb along with really bad acting.

I haven't but I hear it's fucking gorgeous so almost work seeing in the theatre for that reason alone.

True story, I actually kinda liked Jupiter Rising. kinda. Not for the story, but the visuals. Amazing world building. The concept had huge potential, the universe they built could have been fascinating, but the core elements of the story were just dumb along with really bad acting.
Yeah, the visuals are the only reason I'd want to go. That's pretty much the only reason to ever go anymore.

Has anyone of you snooty, movie nerds seen Valerian yet? It's getting meh reviews, but I really still kinda wanna see it in the theatre.
I'm gonna get super baked and watch it today if it's not busy. I was going to wait but I'm worried it'll be out of theaters real soon

First time I watched it I didn't have subtitles for the aliens and figured that was a decision by the director

I was wrong...

The version of 'The Mummy' on fly's plex right now has all the subtitles in russian.

I was sitting there the entire time trying to channel my inner Clint Eastwood circa 'Firefox'. "You must think in russian"