Hawt Movies you are excited about

So, with the new Star Wars movies out, does the Machete Order need a revisit?

This is my order i'd do.

R1, 4,5,2,3,6,7 Again, no TPM. I watched it this morning as I was thinking about getting out of bed, and it's even worse than I remember.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
4, 5, 6, 7, presumably 8 and 9 once the saga is over

I see no reason to watch the prequels ever again. And despite what some may claim ROTS is not "the good one". They're all equally lousy.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
So, no Rogue 1?

Oh I thought you were just talking saga, I didn't notice you included r1. I guess if I was doing a marathon I'd watch it first but I feel that'll become problematic once the other anthology movies come out.

It's a question of whether I'm watching this for myself or introducing someone to star wars which is incredibly unlikely these days.

I was a big proponent of machete order when I first heard about it but honestly once I tried it I was reminded of how much I dislike watching the prequels at all. Maybe if I was with a group and we were riffing them it might be different. I just found myself skipping huge chunks and playing on my phone during most of them.

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 this weekend on the Imax 3D.

Fuckin' a. If you don't see it in that format, you're missing out. Fucking stunning.

Also, the movie is pretty good. So hard to catch the lightning in a bottle like they did with the first one but it's still a good movie. I really liked how they worked Yondu in this one.

I felt Kurt Russel was actually the weak point in the movie which is a little disappoint.

Also, they must have hired serious artists for this one because the shots on Ego (the planet) were balls out art. Not CGI, fucking art.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
I'm still not a fan of 3d because the glasses they use always result in a dark halo around everything I'm seeing. Just not worth it for me.

Guardians 2 was indeed pretty awesome. Not as good as the first one for me but very fun. Yondu and Nebula got a ton of character development. Blue alien master race!

Drax stole the fucking show for me. Every line from him was fantastic but the scene with

him and Mantis when he's remembering his family and she touches him then immediately sobs then laughs was spectacular. so much in such a little thing, I'm glad they trusted the audience enough to just let that hang

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I'm still not a fan of 3d because the glasses they use always result in a dark halo around everything I'm seeing. Just not worth it for me.

Guardians 2 was indeed pretty awesome. Not as good as the first one for me but very fun. Yondu and Nebula got a ton of character development. Blue alien master race!

Drax stole the fucking show for me. Every line from him was fantastic but the scene with

him and Mantis when he's remembering his family and she touches him then immediately sobs then laughs was spectacular. so much in such a little thing, I'm glad they trusted the audience enough to just let that hang
I agree on 3D. Not for me.

I'm considering buying my own set of 3d glasses from amazon that wrap around a lot better to see if it improves the experience

also they have 2d glasses that have both sides polarized the same so if you're stuck going to a 3d movie you can wear those and see it in 2d without it being blurry

I'm considering buying my own set of 3d glasses from amazon that wrap around a lot better to see if it improves the experience

also they have 2d glasses that have both sides polarized the same so if you're stuck going to a 3d movie you can wear those and see it in 2d without it being blurry
It still leaves the halos for me with the 2D glasses.

It still leaves the halos for me with the 2D glasses.

shit, that sucks

that's the one thing I want to avoid, the halos. until that can be done I can't properly judge the 3d experience because they completely ruin the movie for me. and they're not nearly as bright unless it's also in imax

none of the glasses I've found seem to be full wraparound type that would avoid it

I guess I'm lucky I don't have that problem

because, seriously, the visuals once they landed on Ego made me wish I had some Peyote for that last hour. Fucking A they were impressive.

shit, that sucks

that's the one thing I want to avoid, the halos. until that can be done I can't properly judge the 3d experience because they completely ruin the movie for me. and they're not nearly as bright unless it's also in imax

none of the glasses I've found seem to be full wraparound type that would avoid it
I'm not certain, but I think the polarized lenses need to be parallel with the screen to work, so wrap-arounds won't really help, unless you go the full '80s leather eye surrounds.

I love it.

00e5c97b84e5f9bcdb3e9691a0288f59.jpg