Movies that should have had sequels

Ice Pirates was an awesome movie.

Jason: [looking at the robot that Roscoe has built] Why'd you make him black?
Roscoe: [smiling] Because I wanted him to be perfect.

Zeno: I hope no one minds but I have no intention of facing this sober.

why ruin a good movie?

we need a thread on movies that SHOULDN'T have had sequels... or maybe a list of sequals that weren't half bad would be a more obtainable objective.

why ruin a good movie?

we need a thread on movies that SHOULDN'T have had sequels... or maybe a list of sequals that weren't half bad would be a more obtainable objective.
well i haven't seen either of the two matrix sequels, but from what i've heard they shouldn't have been made.

well i haven't seen either of the two matrix sequels, but from what i've heard they shouldn't have been made.

exactly. same can be said for like, 80% of all sequels... with the other 20% never being as good as the original but still decent.

like could you imagine a Shawshank Redemption sequel? awesome movie, and even though you want more, there's no way a sequel could stand up to it.

Theres a version out there called "Matrix De-Zionized" , and its a mashup of the last two sequels with a bunch of the worthless shit cut out of it. I sat through it and it wasnt too bad. Worth watching if you have an evening to kill.

Looker (1981). "Michael Crichton directed his own weird story about an evil company that scans models and creates perfect computerized facsimiles of them... then disposes of the originals. The company also comes up with a weird hypno raygun that works like roofies... it temporarily blanks out your mind and makes you unable to remember your assailant afterwards. At one point, Albert Finney and a hit-man drive around chasing each other and trying to shoot each other with hypno-rays"

I had wished there was a sequel because the hypno-ray gun was so cool. It kind of looked like a timing gun.

Let's discuss movies that should have had sequels and why.

I watched Big Trouble in Little Chinatown town yesterday and thought with such a great character as Jack Burton, played by Kurt Russell, they should have made a sequel to the movie. It was a cheesy but such a likable movie.

The worst part is they leave the ending open for a sequel. IIRC there is one of the creatures crawling up the back of his rig at the end right?

Matrix should have a sequel, or 10

Unbreakable.

I would have liked to see a story take place five or ten years past after Glass gets out of a pysche unit. The concept was so cool.