movie thread

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
so i finally did it...i went to a movie by myself last night. it was kind of weird but very refreshing, and i need to make it a point to do it more often. i was one of three in the theater (and there was a reason why...the movie was pretty bad.) anyhow, the movie was called "the visitor" and i thought it would be more about a man discovering music (thus sporting a cool soundtrack) and not so much about the story of a man being deported, basically.

so what have you seen recently? what about some offbeat movies? does sundance intrique you at all? any other non-mainstream labels you look for? it's nice to find movies that aren't the same movie redone.

and what about going solo to the show? any good movies you should've seen by yourself? i'm a sap and always thought it'd be good to go to a sad movie where i could cry all by myself and not end up looking stupid in front of others. :fly:

i saw the second and third LOTR movies at the theater by myself. I couldn't find anyone else who cared. It was fine.

I saw the second LOTR movie by myself while the oil was getting changed in my car. I have no problem seeing a movie by myself.

I enjoyed Wanted. Angelina was so hot but the movie made me want to go out and shoot people.

i wondered about that one but had not heard anything. i kind of still want to see the happening even though i've heard bad things about it.

Wanted has lots of guns, blood, and a huge amount of violence.

The Happening had lots of gore and more believable killings. Gruesome deaths.

Just in case your sensitive to those things.

and what about going solo to the show? any good movies you should've seen by yourself? i'm a sap and always thought it'd be good to go to a sad movie where i could cry all by myself and not end up looking stupid in front of others. :fly:

I go to movies alone. I saw Sex and the City solo.

It really doesn't bother me.

Wanted has lots of guns, blood, and a huge amount of violence.

The Happening had lots of gore and more believable killings. Gruesome deaths.

Just in case your sensitive to those things.

you know, the only thing that has ever really gotten to me was the chainsaw scene in scarface. :omy:

I am looking forward to going to see X-Files. I am sure I will see that one alone, because most of the people around here are stupid and do not realize how awesome this movie is going to be.

I usually go to the day time movies. That way I get a good seat and I am usually in a less crowded area. Gives ya more room to lounge and hide the crying when you do go see the sad ones. :D