movie thread

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
spange and i just saw walking the line last night. i really enjoyed it. we've got jarhead coming today...anyone seen it? is it as good as it looks? what other movies, rented and theater, have you seen lately worth noting (good or bad)?

i just saw eternal sunshine of a spotless mind the night before last. i enjoyed that one.

I thought walking the line was really boring and couldn't even make it through it on the airplane. I haven't really seen any good movies lately as I haven't really had a chance to watch any. I am looking forward to Narnia (we never made it to the theater) and King Kong coming out in the next month though.

kiwi said:
I thought walking the line was really boring and couldn't even make it through it on the airplane. I haven't really seen any good movies lately as I haven't really had a chance to watch any. I am looking forward to Narnia (we never made it to the theater) and King Kong coming out in the next month though.

i heard king kong was ATROCIOUS. let me know what you think.

Thorn Bird said:
i heard king kong was ATROCIOUS. let me know what you think.

I've heard both good and bad, so I will definitely rent it before ever considering purchasing it. I'll let you know how it is.

I saw the orginal black and white Kong and I bet this one isn't much better.

The War of the Worlds wasn't much better than the original.

The Time Machine either.

I also want to see Memoirs of a Gheisa and Chicken Little.

I enjoyed War of the Worlds, but neve saw the original. I am interested in reading the book now though.

Lord of War was excellent, and Waiting... made me laugh pretty good. I'd seen Waiting... in the theater but Lord of War was a DVD. I'm glad I purchased both.

Narnia was good too IMHO, I'll probably buy it when it hits DVD.

kiwi said:

I enjoyed War of the Worlds, but neve saw the original. I am interested in reading the book now though.
War of the worlds is a great book, highly recommended.

Chicken Little was weaksauce but if you've got kids they'll probably like it.

I just re-read War of the Worlds a few weeks ago, it's a good read, not like the movie. I saw Crash again a few weeks back, what a great movie. Wlak the line was pretty good also, especially if you like Cash, which I do.

kiwi said:

Walk the Line was great, but I am a Johnny Cash fan and I've read his autobiography.

King Kong was waaaaaaaaay to long. You could cut out 1.5 hours of Peter Jackson showing off his CGI studio and it would be much much better.

kiwi said:

how was memoirs, and have you read the book? if so, how did it compare?

I thought Jarhead was a very boring moving. Not ever being in the Armed Forces could be the reason but it just wasnt enjoyable to watch in my opinion. It is very unlikely that I dont like a "war" movie but in this case it just wasnt the movie for me. Give me Platoon any day of the week or even the video game, hehe. I just got a movie called Stay that I plan on watching tonite, anyone seen it? I dont even know what its about so leave out any endings, lol

Lord of War was cool. Made me want to become an arms dealer. Well that and Deal of the century with Chevy Chase.

Jarhead was more of a mental movie than action.

CletusJones said:
Lord of War was excellent, and Waiting... made me laugh pretty good. I'd seen Waiting... in the theater but Lord of War was a DVD. I'm glad I purchased both.

Narnia was good too IMHO, I'll probably buy it when it hits DVD.

Quoted to give you the...

BATWING!!!!!!!!!

bat_wing.jpg

Fag

b_sinning said:
Lord of War was cool. Made me want to become an arms dealer. Well that and Deal of the century with Chevy Chase.

Jarhead was more of a mental movie than action.

i LOVE the mental movies. do you know of any that are "scary"? i'm never impressed with the typical "scary" movies.