Motorcycles are starting to look more and more attractive

The good thing with those is no foot controls, so a cinder block or two would be dandy.

I know it doesn't have foot controls, but if I can't plant my feet I won't be able to weigh-in properly when I'm getting my knee down in those tight and fast corners. Yeah, you know what I'm talkin' 'bout.

So Chikken, how do you think a 35 mile commute would hold up (each way is 35 miles). Would Knyte get tired of it after a few months and wish for a car?

So Chikken, how do you think a 35 mile commute would hold up (each way is 35 miles). Would Knyte get tired of it after a few months and wish for a car?
Nah, he'd probably love it. There's a feller who commutes almost as far through the winter as I do here, and his is about the same as that (35 miles each way) he's not getting tired of it after the at least 4 years I know he's been doing it.

Your (Knyte's) biggest problem is the heat in AZ, he'll need armored mesh gear and a helmet with good airflow. I'd rather ride when it's 20 than when it's 100 myself :fly: of course if I lived there, I'd probably get used to the heat.

Nah, he'd probably love it. There's a feller who commutes almost as far through the winter as I do here, and his is about the same as that (35 miles each way) he's not getting tired of it after the at least 4 years I know he's been doing it.

Your (Knyte's) biggest problem is the heat in AZ, he'll need armored mesh gear and a helmet with good airflow. I'd rather ride when it's 20 than when it's 100 myself :fly: of course if I lived there, I'd probably get used to the heat.
it's easy to beat the heat here. t-shirt, shorts, sandals and no helmet.

What if the bike costs $6,000 and gas costs $3.81?

Given chikkens new mpg ratings:

15,000 miles / 60mpg = 250 Gallons or $952.50 a year in gas

vs.

15,000 / 20mpg = 750 Gallons or $2857.50 a year in gas

That gives a difference of $1905 a year, meaning the bike would take slightly over 3 years to pay for itself.

18-20 (Roundtrip) miles of latte slurping, cellphone glued to ear, sports radio at 200db, makeup applying, eyelash curling, congested windy road, non-mirror-using uncaring "drivers" that can't even speak properly let alone operate a motor vehicle.

The fact you brave that every day gets my respect.

I'm just honestly too afraid. It makes sense but I'm too afraid. Plus now that I'm back in MI it's snowy 6 months out of the year. I must have cab heat.

This is what I woke up to this morning. Maybe it's a sign...

5904836b55784f27.jpg

5904836b55787e05.jpg

5904836b5578aced.jpg

5904836b5578dbc0.jpg

But then again, I work at a place with this....
5904836b55781c61.jpg