Motorcycles are starting to look more and more attractive

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
I'm -> <- that close to buying a motorcycle to start commuting to work on due to inflating gas costs, and they're only going to get worse.

Sure, right now we're in a peak due to it being one of the big summer holiday weekends, but honestly I don't see them settling down very much over the summer. Truth be told we are almost spending more on gas for our one car that I drive to work than we are on food, and that is outrageous.

The only thing holding me back from getting a bike at this point are the safety risks. It's kind of depressing that a honest man has to take risks with his life just to make a living.

So, when do we think the riots will start?

Yea, living in Arizona at least lends itself to the perfect climate for motorcycle riding. In Utah he could always talk himself out of it cause there are so few months to ride (unless you are crazy like chikken).

I am this close to just getting an apt 2 blocks from work and leaving my car in the cnn deck indefinitely...my condo hunt has collapsed and this would be a good temporary fix to my shitty commute, gas, etc

So wait, you're going to spend a bunch of money to save some money?

Buying a used motorcycle that gets better gas mileage will up being cheaper than what we are currently paying out in gas per month for our current car, and that's with insurance.

We're also planning on getting something more efficient for the family car, but we're having trouble deciding what would be better that would still serve our needs.

So wait, you're going to spend a bunch of money to save some money?

You can get a pretty nice bike for cheap. To make it easy, lets assume that you spend $3,000 on a bike. Lets also assume that you drive approximately 15,000 miles a year. Additionally, for easy math, lets assume that gas costs $4 a gallon. And finally, we'll assume that you'll double your MPG by switching from a car to a motorcycle (20MPG vs 40MPG)

15,000 miles / 20MPG = 750 Gallons or $3,000/yr
15,000 miles / 40MPG = 375 Gallons or $1,500/yr

The bike will pay for itself in 2 years. Even if you only drive 10,000 of the average American's 15,000 miles a year, it still only takes 3 years to pay it off.

i don't have a problem with spange getting a bike..i don't a problem with the way spange drives...i DO have a SERIOUS problem with the way OTHERS drive and the long commute that would put him on the interstate with these OTHERS, every, single, day. figure out the odds of him getting injured or killed for that one, fly...:eek:

i don't have a problem with spange getting a bike..i don't a problem with the way spange drives...i DO have a SERIOUS problem with the way OTHERS drive and the long commute that would put him on the interstate with these OTHERS, every, single, day. figure out the odds of him getting injured or killed for that one, fly...:eek:

on a motorcycle it's not a question of if you will wreck but when

Thats the only reason there isn't a bike sitting in our garage right now.

I put 40 bucks in the Ex yesterday and it didn't get to half a tank. and that was the cheap stufff.

dude came to the club last night with one of those two wheels in front, one in back bikes. very hot look. 35 mpg at a cost of 15K. guess he has a long commute, giving his truck to his wife.

but i agree, bikes are dangerous.

Precisely.

I know I could make it to work just fine every day, but Sally Sue Homemaker who is gabbing on her cell phone, doing her makeup, listening to the radio, and driving with her feet may try to kill me.

is there an alternate, interstateless, route?

aren't you worried about riding in 110 degree weather? i guess once you get going it's ok, but if you're stopped next to some massive pickup with the AC cranked that puppy'll put out a lotta heat.