Halp Motorcycle thread

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,009
So chim wants a new bike (eventually). I want him to get a bike sooner. Mainly so I can ride bitch ;)

Requirements:
- Relaxed sitting position for someone with shortish legs.
- Powerful enough to cruise comfortably around 75mph or so with a passenger and/or sidecar (next investment)
- Possibility of saddle bags and windscreen
- Cost effective and/or good used model

What are my options?

Triumph America? Suzuki S83 or C50? Kawasaki Vulcan 900? Honda Shadow? Yamaha V Star 1100 or 1300?

There is no way I can get a 1200 sportster for anything near this.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcd/2429503389.html

This is a new 2009 Yamaha V-Star 1300 cruiser.
Only have it available in the black (raven) color scheme.
This motorcycle has 0 miles/hours on it, has never been used/ridden, and still comes with the original 1 year warranty.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with this motorcycle. Our dealership is simply trying to clear out older inventory, our loss is your gain!
Selling for $7,540.00; This is a special internet price. It is lower than what is quoted at the dealership, you MUST mention this ad and where you saw it to receive this price!

Get a honda or a yamaha cruiser in the 1200 range
Theyre usually priced ok, are just about mechanically bullet proof, and have tons of accessories for them.
Most of them are slung pretty low too, so chims little feet could probably reach the ground :fly:

A bit difficult to service without any tools or garage to do any work on it.

And Urals are not powerful enough to go more than 60mph let alone cruise comfortably at 75mph with a passenger.

top speed: 77mph http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/dnepr_mt_11_with_sidecar_1991.php
if this is going to be too difficult to service then you may as well sell your cars while you're at it. this bike is 50+ year old tech. carbureted and kick started. it doesn't get any simpler.

top speed: 77mph http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/dnepr_mt_11_with_sidecar_1991.php
if this is going to be too difficult to service then you may as well sell your cars while you're at it. this bike is 50+ year old tech. carbureted and kick started. it doesn't get any simpler.
The ability to service isn't the issue. It's the lack of tool and a place to do the service that's an issue.

And I dont' want to run at top speed for all of our road trips. It's 75mph speed limits on the flat stretches. And I am sure the 77mph top speed is without a passenger on board.

Get a honda or a yamaha cruiser in the 1200 range
Theyre usually priced ok, are just about mechanically bullet proof, and have tons of accessories for them.
Most of them are slung pretty low too, so chims little feet could probably reach the ground :fly:

See link above ;)

The ability to service isn't the issue. It's the lack of tool and a place to do the service that's an issue.

And I dont' want to run at top speed for all of our road trips. It's 75mph speed limits on the flat stretches. And I am sure the 77mph top speed is without a passenger on board.

so what're you going to do with any other bike that breaks down? throw it away and buy another? :p

if the 2 of you set any decent sized bike down you are never going to get it upright without 3rd party help. you do know this, right? :fly: