WTF Most useful tool that you own

To those saying phone, do you actually use it as a tool? How so?

My gf uses a solid 800-900 minutes a month talking to clients and other analysts that she advises.

To those saying phone, do you actually use it as a tool? How so?

My gf uses a solid 800-900 minutes a month talking to clients and other analysts that she advises.

thorn said:
my phone is my camera, my alarm clock, my calendar, my map (I NEEEEEED THIS), my flashlight, my memo pad, my encyclopedia, my entertainment, my relationships...my everything.

Like that. It also serves me out here as a currency exchange calculator, messaging system for emergencies, a world clock, a method to remote into my home server, a data transfer device, a wireless hotspot that others can use, a scientific calculator, a method to access all of my financial data, a gps locator...

not including entertainment - which I only use my phone for when pooping - it's a very useful tool, some of which are entirely independent of its ability to connect to the internet

my gerber diesel is a useful classic "tool" but I use it a hell of a lot less often than my phone these days

Last edited:
Like that. It also serves me out here as a currency exchange calculator, messaging system for emergencies, a world clock, a method to remote into my home server, a data transfer device, a wireless hotspot that others can use, a scientific calculator, a method to access all of my financial data, a gps locator...

not including entertainment - which I only use my phone for when pooping - it's a very useful tool, some of which are entirely independent of its ability to connect to the internet

my gerber diesel is a useful classic "tool" but I use it a hell of a lot less often than my phone these days

i take pictures of EEEEEVERYTHING. prescription labels, kids' homework assignments, recipes in case i go to the store without a list, any information i might need down the line i snap so i have it...

i can record my thoughts while i'm driving down the road -- my phone makes a list for me. if i get lost, i just push a button, and a dot on a map shows me where i am.

i love music -- anytime i hear a song i haven't heard, i just push a button. the name of the song, the artist, the album, the year, even the lyrics come up. i push another button and grab the song or the album. done.

i have three ingredients in my pantry and a flat tire. i can push a button and the app tells me what i can do with said ingredients. there's dinner.

i'm in a strange city and need tampons. siri can tell me where the nearest convenient stores are.

i'm on a camping trip and my kid gashes her finger open. i can figure out how to stop the bleeding (with a damp tea bag) and macgyver a way until siri finds me a hospital.

or the coyotes are too loud and so i use my white noise maker to drown out the cries.

or my kids are in the back of the van and drop something...there's my (bright ass) flashlight so i don't have to stop.

or i'm on the natchez trace and need to know if i'm iced out of road or if it's ok to continue...my weather app shows me what's going on.

i have a calculator. a scanner. i have a gas app to tell me what gas station has the cheapest gas. i have an app that is an accurate tuner for my daughter's violin. i have a timer for her practices.

i take pictures of EEEEEVERYTHING. prescription labels, kids' homework assignments, recipes in case i go to the store without a list, any information i might need down the line i snap so i have it...

i can record my thoughts while i'm driving down the road -- my phone makes a list for me. if i get lost, i just push a button, and a dot on a map shows me where i am.

i love music -- anytime i hear a song i haven't heard, i just push a button. the name of the song, the artist, the album, the year, even the lyrics come up. i push another button and grab the song or the album. done.

i have three ingredients in my pantry and a flat tire. i can push a button and the app tells me what i can do with said ingredients. there's dinner.

i'm in a strange city and need tampons. siri can tell me where the nearest convenient stores are.

i'm on a camping trip and my kid gashes her finger open. i can figure out how to stop the bleeding (with a damp tea bag) and macgyver a way until siri finds me a hospital.

or the coyotes are too loud and so i use my white noise maker to drown out the cries.

or my kids are in the back of the van and drop something...there's my (bright ass) flashlight so i don't have to stop.

or i'm on the natchez trace and need to know if i'm iced out of road or if it's ok to continue...my weather app shows me what's going on.

i have a calculator. a scanner. i have a gas app to tell me what gas station has the cheapest gas. i have an app that is an accurate tuner for my daughter's violin. i have a timer for her practices.

*The people in this commercial are not actors.

I know you fucking weirdos will say some perverted shit, so please feel free to do so, but please also give a serious answer.

I'm not sure if my most useful would go to my pocket knife, or if I specify most useful in the garage it would go to my new DeWalt 18V mini-impact gun.

Ill have to go with my bandsaw i think

Probably this one that DJB got me for my 21st

1293659835-49839400.jpg

my phone. after that, my car. my phone is my camera, my alarm clock, my calendar, my map (I NEEEEEED THIS), my flashlight, my memo pad, my encyclopedia, my entertainment, my relationships...my everything.

and i'll almost bet that i'm in my car more than i am my house.

That's one hell of a vibrate setting

Phone, just because it does pretty much everything. It's a telephone, clock, alarm clock, crappy flashlight, pocket calculator, camera, sound recorder, music player, mobile internet surfing device (good for looking up ingredients for something at the grocery store, or reviews on something I'm contemplating buying..)

After that, I'd say coffee mug.

You forgot the one to find gay guys.

That's one hell of a vibrate setting

There's an app for that.