morning rituals

Wake
Change baby
Feed Baby
Shower if there is time (depending on how early Fatburger wants to get up so he can watch the wee one)
Brush teeth/throw hair in ponytail/pee
Make breakfast for Fatburger and I while he spends some time with baby burger
Eat

Feed Baby
Change baby

And on and on it goes.

60 minutes of hitting snooze every 9 minutes, then frantic preparation to arrive at work about half an hour late.

i don't understand the snooze button that so many o'yall use. hitting snooze makes me so much groggier...i have to get up when i hear the alarm. plus, those nine minutes inbetween hitting the snooze and the alarm are awful..."oh i should get up but i just need a few minutes more oh that feels so good to close my eyes but DON'T SLEEP because it'll sound in a second*open one eye to check* ok i have six minutes!wow six! but if i go to sleep i'll feel so bad when i get up but six!*open eye* FUCK now it's two and i've burned this time i could've been resting but i'm so...zzzzzBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPFUUUUUUUUUUCKTHATSCAREDTHESHITOUTTAME"

i don't understand the snooze button that so many o'yall use. hitting snooze makes me so much groggier...i have to get up when i hear the alarm. plus, those nine minutes inbetween hitting the snooze and the alarm are awful..."oh i should get up but i just need a few minutes more oh that feels so good to close my eyes but DON'T SLEEP because it'll sound in a second*open one eye to check* ok i have six minutes!wow six! but if i go to sleep i'll feel so bad when i get up but six!*open eye* FUCK now it's two and i've burned this time i could've been resting but i'm so...zzzzzBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPFUUUUUUUUUUCKTHATSCAREDTHESHITOUTTAME"

you get used to it. takes me about 20 minutes from waking up to find the strength to get out of bed. the snooze/alarm just makes sure i get up in 20 minutes.

=> wonder where the hell I am
=> realize I'm not on vacation
=> get licked by dog
=> jumped on by cat
=> after petting both for a few minutes, get out of bed
=> trip over other cat
=> bring dog outside
=> bring dog inside
=> scoop cat litter
=> feed cats
=> feed dog
=> start coffee
=> glug down some OJ
=> start ChikkenLittle's bottle
=> get ChikkenLittle if the Mrs. hasn't gotten to her first
=> feed ChikkenLittle

If my alarm goes off in the middle of a sleep cycle i'll hit snooze and go right back to sleep. It only takes me 20 minutes to get through a sleep cycle, so at most I'll have to hit the thing twice. The trick is not to think about it, just do it.

I generally wake up and set my alarm to snooze for 20mins. I get up, grab my clothes on the way to the bathroom. My cats wait in the bathroom for me when I wake up, cos they know I need to pee before I can feed them so they fuss around my legs while I pee. Kinda cute but kinda gross. Then I feed the cats, do my teeth, moisturise, put make up on (every other day because I don't take it off at night) which is mascara and eye liner, then I tie my hair up, grab food from my cupboards and then leave.

On the weekends we don't do much as have a routine but we usually have nice coffee when we wake up. Weekdays I wake up 10mins before I leave so there's no time for that.

I'd love to have things differently. I'd love to wake up and meditate for 20 or 30 minutes or so, it would make the day so much nicer, but I've yet to figure out how to do this undisturbed. If I do it in the bedroom my partner will be snoring, anywhere else in the house and the cats will bug me.