morning rituals

the main reason i shower in the morning is because of my curly hair. for the curls to work right, they have to get wet, cleaned, and air dried. i think i'd rather shower at night, but if i want my hair to be presentable, morning showers it must be.

Usually wake up before the alarm time of 6:00, shower and all that crap, put a cup of water in the microwave for my morning cup of tea-gotta have some caffeine!-check email on my work computer to make sure I didn't fuck anything up irretrievably the day before, check my favorite forums and couple of email accounts on my personal computer to find out what the hell everyone else is up to today, get water out of microwave, make cup of tea, find something fit to eat in the kitchen, get my butt back upstairs and get to work, that's pretty much it-all before my kids get out of bed, at least during the summer when they aren't in school.

I can't say that I have a normal sleeping pattern but I am usually one for showers after waking. I don't exactly get all sweaty and yucky during my day and I still feel like I need a shower after waking even if I take one prior to sleeping. I have no rituals to speak of.

:barf: i can't STAND the thought of any bodily fluids being expelled in the shower. that's disgusting. i don't want to be standing in someone's junk, whether it be from the woo hoo or the nose. that's just disgusting.

It's sort of messed up since I'm on vacation in California right now, but it goes a little something like this. In the morning get up, check BlackBerry, get in the shower, wash hair, shave, brush teeth all in the shower, get dressed, fix (gay up) hair.

One thing I do every time I leave anywhere... Home, the dorm, etc, I always pat myself down on three sides. On the front left are my keys, front right is my BlackBerry, and the part I like best is slapping myself on the ass on the left side to check for my wallet.

I get up and make my bed first thing. I HATE walking into a bedroom with an unmade bed. Then I proceed to pee and brush my teeth. (Side note, I usually shower in the evenings- I tend to sleep better that way) Get dressed and check email/log onto MSN/forums etc. Prepare breakfast then get dressed.

Yea I don't work so its not that exciting. I usually get up around 730-800 am.

Thorn Bird said:
:barf: i can't STAND the thought of any bodily fluids being expelled in the shower. that's disgusting. i don't want to be standing in someone's junk, whether it be from the woo hoo or the nose. that's just disgusting.

It never comes from my "woo hoo" or my nose... I just have to hhhhaaaauk a loogy every once in a while. I can't help it. I have to blast the temperature to boiling; hot water makes me feel clean for some odd reason.

As for my morning ritual, I slap the alarm from about 7:30 to 8, get up, boil my brains out in the shower, prep ( teeth, hair, deoderant, etc.,) do the nude shuffle from bathroom to bedroom in attempts to avoid any unsuspecting roomates, dress, check for lunch, purse and keys, then bolt out the door.

Thorn Bird said:

Well obviously I'm going to kick the little clumps down the drain with my toe when I'm done. Sheesh.