More console talk.

fly said:
Last year some time, there was this CGI chick that got passed around. She was in her undergarments in one pic. One was a closeup of her stomach and you could see the little blode chick hairs on her tummy. I think there were about 5 pics in total and they were AMAZING.

This ringing a bell for anyone?
yeah i've see those. she had brunnette hair with a red streak in it.

that was during my finding anything cgi phase.

Ok... for those that think Allard sounds cool. Read this and tell me how you can not come away thinking this guys is just a PR junkie?

Seriously, I would have listed the PS2 as one of the worst launches in history. The 360, however, easily matches it for being crap.

taeric said:
Ok... for those that think Allard sounds cool. Read this and tell me how you can not come away thinking this guys is just a PR junkie?

Seriously, I would have listed the PS2 as one of the worst launches in history. The 360, however, easily matches it for being crap.
I feel this was directed at me. I never said he sounds cool. I said he sounds like he cares and he's into gaming. Still reads that way. However, I'm begining to think he's one of those people who are just chipper and psyched about everything all the time.

I wasn't aiming it at you directly. Though... I guess I thought there were more people here that thought that about him. Maybe it was just you. :)

I think he is just one of those people that knew a lot of gamers and is highly tied to the success of the XBox. He still comes accross as one of those stereotypical frat boys that was destined for a political job.

And I agree about not liking the wait for KH2. Still, it looks like we will be getting it when the PS3 is basically out. Not like we would have waited much longer.

I found this article to be a fun read. Basically talks about the biggest gaming gaffes of the year. Oddly, they include the Revolution on there. (I actually agree with the page describing it, but I don't know if I would consider it a mistake yet.)

taeric said:
I found this article to be a fun read. Basically talks about the biggest gaming gaffes of the year. Oddly, they include the Revolution on there. (I actually agree with the page describing it, but I don't know if I would consider it a mistake yet.)
And what did it turn out to be, this so-called Revolution? A GameCube in overdrive with a controller than can tell where you are and what you're doing with your hands. That was worth it, wasn't it?

This is where its stupid because no one really knows yet. It may be on the 2006 gaming goof ups list, but this entry was stupid. If anything, its energized the old school N gamers. What an incredible marketing campaign.

I can think of plenty of other dumbass mistakes the industry has made this year. I'd mostly agree with the rest of the points on there. I think I'd swap places with the 360 and EA though. EA is really screwing the pooch.

theacoustician said:
This is where its stupid because no one really knows yet. It may be on the 2006 gaming goof ups list, but this entry was stupid. If anything, its energized the old school N gamers. What an incredible marketing campaign.

While I do see what you are saying, I have to confess this line was almost spot on.

Think of it this way: Nintendo has essentially adopted, as corporate policy, the slogan of its staunchest fanboy defenders.

I can think of plenty of other dumbass mistakes the industry has made this year. I'd mostly agree with the rest of the points on there. I think I'd swap places with the 360 and EA though. EA is really screwing the pooch.

I guess I wasn't looking at them as being ranked. What were some of the other screwups you would have included?

taeric said:
I guess I wasn't looking at them as being ranked. What were some of the other screwups you would have included?
Nintendo screwing the pooch with the next Zelda game.

Xbox360 selling the Basic package. Way to take advantage of dumb housewives and well meaning grandmothers, Microsoft.

Sony's lack of any playable PS3 game demo.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Quite possibly the worst movie game since ET on the 2600.

The Gizmondo

theacoustician said:
Nintendo screwing the pooch with the next Zelda game.

Supposedly they have pushed it back so that it will be able to take advantage of the revo controller. There is a quote from a magazine that basically said it is still a GC game, but it will be able to be played with the revo controller.

theacoustician said:
Xbox360 selling the Basic package. Way to take advantage of dumb housewives and well meaning grandmothers, Microsoft.

That was on the list. I consider that all part of the 360 launch.

theacoustician said:
Sony's lack of any playable PS3 game demo.

I can see what you mean, but that is standard operating procedure for Sony.

theacoustician said:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Quite possibly the worst movie game since ET on the 2600.

Well.... I'd not even heard of that game. And I have also never seen a good movie tie in game.

theacoustician said:
The Gizmondo

This I just love!! :) I saw the kioske at Lennox mall yesterday. This really is the worst launch ever. Even worse than the NGage crap. And that was bad.

taeric said:
Well.... I'd not even heard of that game. And I have also never seen a good movie tie in game.

Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay ( I think thats what it was called)
Totally kickass game. The only hitch being that it was a bit too short.

Drool-Boy said:
Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay ( I think thats what it was called)
Totally kickass game. The only hitch being that it was a bit too short.

Ok, we have a game proposed. Any others? It surprises me, even though I know it shouldn't, that there are still so many movie tie-in games produced. They almost universally suck.

taeric said:
Ok, we have a game proposed. Any others? It surprises me, even though I know it shouldn't, that there are still so many movie tie-in games produced. They almost universally suck.

I hear King Kong is a pretty good one too, but Ive not played it.
But youre right, its about a 99% chance that movie tie-in game is going to suckass.

elpmis said:
3D fighting games are a fucking joke

I agree.

My favorites are the original Street Fighter IIs (first edition through Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo), and Street Fighter Alpha 3. I haven't played SF3 much, are they pretty good?

KNYTE said:
I agree.

My favorites are the original Street Fighter IIs (first edition through Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo), and Street Fighter Alpha 3. I haven't played SF3 much, are they pretty good?

Alpha 3 was awesome. As was the Capcom vs SNK. Fun games.

It is hard to go back to the original, because everything is so slow. It is funny to realize just how much those games really have changed.