moonshine jamboree

FlamingGlory said:
Interesting. I do know for a fact that moonshine tastes like corn vodka though, in KY anyway.
I have no idea what corn vodka tastes like, but I had moonshine once. It had a very faint flavor of bananas, until that fire-breath thing kicks in. Whoa. Don't drink more than about a tablespoon at a time.

Never had moonshine. Can't be much worse than the various local-distilled vodkas in Russia though. Blech.

theacoustician said:
I have no idea what corn vodka tastes like, but I had moonshine once. It had a very faint flavor of bananas, until that fire-breath thing kicks in. Whoa. Don't drink more than about a tablespoon at a time.
You do know of course it's made with whatever you can get your hands on? My uncle used to make it with canned peaches. That stuff was very unique, and very hard on the everything.

Other people in my family made it with corn, then put it in the freezer. It literally tasted like ice and had the consistency of oil. You dont feel anything till you try to stand up.

I bought some moon pies in Tennesee while travelling to Florida for the last meet. They weren't very good. I think they'd gone stale. I left them at Shawn and Candy's, and they, in turn, dumped them on Fly and April. I think they ended up being thrown away in the end.

In some liquor stores you can get a product called "Shine On Georgia Moon." It comes in a little jar with a screw-lid, and the label proudly claims that it's 'less than 30 days old.' Me and one of my knucklehead buddies from high-school got one once. It was terrible. I believe we decided, at the time, that it was flavored like used socks.

theacoustician said:

I usually don't have a problem with the fire breathing thing where I get it. It's more like flamingglory's, easy to drink and you don't notice til you try and stand up. It is pretty good if you throw a few strawberries in the mason jar and let it soak for a few weeks.

ChikkenNoodul said:
It can't be THAT bad, more than your typical 43% but less than Everclear I'm certain....

But then again this is me :fly:

I have a few quarts in the closet, I rather like it. Then again, this is me...I don't have a problem with everclear.