Montana gives the Fed the finger

Only if the gun in question was made in Montana... otherwise interstate commerce laws do apply.
It is the policy of the courts to hold that the commerce clause is all reaching and that people wont vote for laws that overextend it :lol:

Of course, we continue to recognize that the States occupy a special and specific position in our constitutional system and that the scope of Congress' authority under the Commerce Clause must reflect that position. But the principal and basic limit on the federal commerce power is that inherent in all congressional action--the built-in restraints that our system provides through state participation in federal governmental action. The political process ensures that laws that unduly burden the States will not be promulgated.

10 to 1 says the feds go 'Thats cool, but don't expect any federal law enforcement or highway funds'.

Which is the status quo for how the fed handles any state that decides not to tow the line on national mandates.

Personally I'm tired of the United States and would like a Texas passport, but that's just me. Viva la revolucion!

I had a conversation with a dude not long ago who is extremely pro-Texas Republic. He practically prays daily for secession. He was going on and on about what an incredible country Texas used to be, and how it's time to reclaim that fame and glory. I don't know what history books he read, but the Texas Republic I know was essentially bankrupt and quickly falling apart. It was barely hanging on and was all but forced to join the U.S. or fall back into Mexican hands. Woo Tejas!

If they were independent I imagine something like Canada but with more guns.

Canada? Really?

picture.php

Last edited: