Monkey Bread

BadMojo

Half-staff Member
Feb 20, 2006
Marklar
₥0
So mostly I started this thread to remove the red bar of shame. However, I also just enjoyed some homemade monkey bread and was curious if anyone had a recipe for it.

How difficult and time consuming is it to make? I'm a simple and quick kind of cook.

BTW, the monkey bread contains no actual monkeys or monkeys pieces or parts.

My Nu-Wave Infrared Cooker does bread and I was thinking about trying it next week so if you find one let me know! I have been working into the nights all week so I have not had time to cook anything else with it. Will post when I do!

2 black babies
3 eggs
1 tbls baking powder
1 cup sugar

mix well, bake at 350 for an hour or until golden black

The basic recipe goes like

3 packages of buttermilk biscuit tubes
1 cup sugar (divided)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

Take 3 packages of buttermilk biscuit tubes (10 per roll) and cut each roll into 4 pieces. Drop roll pieces into 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Drop sugar-coated pieces into a well buttered Bundt pan (don't squish roll pieces when placing them in the Bundt pan).
Put 1/2 cup of the left-over sugar/cinnamon mix and 1/2 cup packed brown sugar and 1 cup of butter (2 sticks) into a small saucepan.

Bring this mixture just to a boil; remove from heat immediately. Carefully drizzle over the roll pieces.

Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.

Cool slightly in an upright position, then tip pan over onto a plate to remove monkey pull-apart bread.

However, I modify it a bit to come out a bit more like bananas foster. Add the brown sugar and 4 tbs of butter to a sauce pan and warm it till it melts. Mix in the cinnamon and add 1/2 tsp of all spice and 1 tsp of fresh grated nutmeg. Stir, then dump in about 1/2 c of dark, sweet rum (I use Pussers British Navy Rum) and a couple of tablespoons of banana liquor. Flambe'! After the flame is out, coat the biscuit balls as described above and finish out the recipe. Save the leftover foster's sauce and pour it over the cooking biscuits about 5 minutes before you take them out of the oven for that gooey candy crust.

1 cup sugar (divided)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

Take 3 packages of buttermilk biscuit tubes (10 per roll) and cut each roll into 4 pieces. Drop roll pieces into 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Drop sugar-coated pieces into a well buttered Bundt pan (don't squish roll pieces when placing them in the Bundt pan).
Put 1/2 cup of the left-over sugar/cinnamon mix and 1/2 cup packed brown sugar and 1 cup of butter (2 sticks) into a small saucepan.

Bring this mixture just to a boil; remove from heat immediately. Carefully drizzle over the roll pieces.

Cool slightly in an upright position, then tip pan over onto a plate to remove monkey pull-apart bread.

However, I modify it a bit to come out a bit more like bananas foster. Add the brown sugar and 4 tbs of butter to a sauce pan and warm it till it melts. Mix in the cinnamon and add 1/2 tsp of all spice and 1 tsp of fresh grated nutmeg. Stir, then dump in about 1/2 c of dark, sweet rum (I use Pussers British Navy Rum) and a couple of tablespoons of banana liquor. Flambe'! After the flame is out, coat the biscuit balls as described above and finish out the recipe. Save the leftover foster's sauce and pour it over the cooking biscuits about 5 minutes before you take them out of the oven for that gooey candy crust.

YEAH!!! I'm glad to have a recipe that sounds fairly easy and I'm super happy that it came from you! :p

1 cup sugar (divided)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

Damn I love this man.

1 cup sugar (divided)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

Thanks, I've been looking for that recipe-and it's nice to see you around again too. ;)

1 cup sugar (divided)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

Making this tonite, not the banana in your ear monkey bread, just monkey bread.