Ontopic Money Thread

A year and three months for me. :wiggle:
Since 6/05 here.

We aren't huge into Christmas gifts. Half of what Dom gets would be clothing and other items like that. That said I don't feel the need to do a trip instead of a gift. I like giving which is why I do it.

On the flip side, we go through his toys often and decide what goes to donations. He is very big on giving to those less fortunate than us. If I say "find toys for donation" he'll find a huge amount at once. I've even stopped him from more sentimental gifts. Buy shit doesn't mean you have to keep it either - easy to give away.

I have to say the way I run my finances works well for me. I do use credit cards but I never run balances unless I get interest free financing. My credit score is really high so whatever I am doing works.

Common sense, and it only works if you are actually earning enough money to live on.

No cell phone, no TV, one meal per day and no eating out, no clothes, no medical care, no air conditioning, no lights after dark, hang up all clothes outside, no freezer, tiny frig, no debt, work 60 hours a week

yeah...
I pretty much did all that minus no medical for years. Still do most of it

I pretty much did all that minus no medical for years. Still do most of it
"true, 8.1 specifically has its compatability issues. I had to spend 20 minutes last night fucking around with user-patched dll's to get android fastboot working to do some shit to my tablet. Apparently 8.1 broke the official android SDK" March 19th, damn so much for teh smart phone thing
oddly enough, we just bought a chest freezer too. For vegetables though, not beer.

Unless beer is a vegetable. Is it?
-damn so much for the freezer

Want me to keep going or are you going to stop being holier than thou

• Gravy
Reactions: fly