Money as a gift- equality?

Oh Fine. EDIT!

oops, I went and re-edited my edit cause the edit was due to the fact that I thought no one would recognise it but you did so I edited the edit to make it look like it did before when you guessed it before my first edit.

. . . yea. Just go back and edit the part in quotes.

See that wouldn't work because his mother said that if we were having a party and my family was invited, not to invite them as they wouldn't come. I actually learned this when they called the day of my sons 1st birthday and said they weren't coming that we could just do something the next day. A few months later we had a 4th of July party and although his family all RSVP's only his father came over for a little bit.

So they expect you to make allowances for them, but they aren't willing to do the same for you? That seems incredibly disrespectful to your family and your parents. If I were you guys, I would have Christmas at your house and invite everyone. If the inlaws want to see you and their grandchildren, they can grow a pair and come over for at least a few hours.

So they expect you to make allowances for them, but they aren't willing to do the same for you? That seems incredibly disrespectful to your family and your parents. If I were you guys, I would have Christmas at your house and invite everyone. If the inlaws want to see you and their grandchildren, they can grow a pair and come over for at least a few hours.

that would be a tight squeeze. Im not sure if we can fit 30 people in a 11x17 living room.

As simple as that sounds, I'd rather go somewhere I can leave.

I dont think they were wrong to do this at all. It was a payment for helping them move but they probably knew that they would not just accept the cash handed to them. If put along with the xmas gift they have to accept it. You did not help so why would you expect the same amount of money? In there minds I dont think they thought this would be hurting you, they probably just thought it was a clever way to pay them for the help.

My grandma used to and still does give my brother about 80% more money than she gives me for xmas/birthdays, purposely slapping me in the face and admits it. She does this with the second born child in our family for some really weird reason which non of us can figure out. My grandpa is the man though so it makes up for it.