Mom + sister + dead cat = Going to be a long night

BigDov said:
Shit man. Well, hopefully everything will be alright for her/you.

I don't have any pets butts' to sniff- now what??

You can sniff my butt........:D

Sorry to hear about the kitty. :(

Viremia said:
first of all, autopsy? :wtf: Were you planning on trying to find a cat to examine your dead cat? Autopsy means "self view" so a member of the same species would need to do the exam. The correct term is necropsy, aka "death view". I'm sorry to be picky, but if I have to read a lot words, my brain starts hurting and that reminds me of when I was in college and on of my bosses at the time harped on that autopsy/necropsy thing. :D

Secondly, here's what you could do. Take some potatoes, carrots, celery, other shit for a stew and throw kitty in there. When sister gets home, give a hot bowl of kitty stew and when she compliments it, you can tell her that Romeo helped you make it and even inspired the dinner. :D

CLIFFS:
1. Necropsy instead of autopsy
2. Kitty Stew
3. Sister says YUM!
4. ...
5. PROFIT++

6. sorry about the kitty :(

I think the same thing when I see the term "autopsy". I picture someone holding a scalpel and cutting into their own abdomen and pulling some guts out :egads:

I'm not gonna comment on the "kitty stew" :wtf:

wr3kt said:
Main Entry: au·top·sy
Pronunciation: 'o-"täp-sE, 'o-t&p-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -sies
Etymology: Greek autopsia act of seeing with one's own eyes, from aut- + opsis sight, appearance -- more at OPTIC
1 : an examination of a body after death to determine the cause of death or the character and extent of changes produced by disease
2 : a critical examination, evaluation, or assessment of someone or something past

Miriams don't lie. Your boss was wrong.

And he was a skinny cat. Not much meat to him and it would be tough.
There is more than one way to take the aut or auto in that word. Seriously, it is sometimes in some references given as meaning to view with one's own eyes and in other references (medical) to view someone else (it refers to the first use of the word which was to describe the study of cadavers to determine not only what killed the person but how we are put together and how we work -- anatomy and physiology)

If you ask just about any coroner or anatomist, they will still tell you that autopsy is reserved for humans only and necropsy is used when viewing the remains of animals regardless of what a dictionary says.

Now the real question is, why the hell did I even bring this up? :wtf: We're discussing semantics on UF? :)

Viremia said:
There is more than one way to take the aut or auto in that word. Seriously, it is sometimes in some references given as meaning to view with one's own eyes and in other references (medical) to view someone else (it refers to the first use of the word which was to describe the study of cadavers to determine not only what killed the person but how we are put together and how we work -- anatomy and physiology)

If you ask just about any coroner or anatomist, they will still tell you that autopsy is reserved for humans only and necropsy is used when viewing the remains of animals regardless of what a dictionary says.

Now the real question is, why the hell did I even bring this up? :wtf: We're discussing semantics on UF? :)

I'll discuss your sementicks.