Ontopic Modern Serial Killers

Mr. Argumentor

I fab shitboxes and shitbox accessories.
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
₥73,706
Steam
asastang
I’ll be reading those because I’ve always been fascinated by serial killers.

Thank you for helping that along.
The first is more readable because they seem to be trying to push a mini-series, the second is kinda dry.

People care more about young, well off, white males than they do about poor women in Chicago I guess

The first is more readable because they seem to be trying to push a mini-series, the second is kinda dry.

People care more about young, well off, white males than they do about poor women in Chicago I guess

That’s generally the case. Watch for that one moron here to occasionally make jokes about missing white women garnering national attention. It’s always white women. Remember Ariel Castro? He had three women in chains, and no one knew. No news until they were rescued.

WHERE ARE ALL THESE WHITE WOMEN AT?

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I've heard little bits and pieces about a smiley face gang but didn't know what it was about. That is terrifying. Unfortunately "Random" murders such as serial killings can be so hard to find and track until the victims pile up and a connection is made.

The Texas Killing Field is located about 100 yards from my house
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Killing_Fields_(location)
I drive past it all the time
Tho they havent found anyone there since the 90s. It mostly full of houses now but most of the field is still there, with for sale signs by the road. That article is inaccurate, btw, as you cant see any refineries from there.

The Texas Killing Field is located about 100 yards from my house
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Killing_Fields_(location)
I drive past it all the time
Tho they havent found anyone there since the 90s. It mostly full of houses now but most of the field is still there, with for sale signs by the road. That article is inaccurate, btw, as you cant see any refineries from there.

ID had a show on the Texas killing fields.
Terrible. The Jersey pine barrens used to be a popular dumping ground for the Philly mob.

That’s generally the case. Watch for that one moron here to occasionally make jokes about missing white women garnering national attention. It’s always white women. Remember Ariel Castro? He had three women in chains, and no one knew. No news until they were rescued.

Well we used to be able to blame @Domon but he's reformed now.

I've been following the Chicago stuff off and on for a year or so, but the Smiley Face Gang is new to me, and much scarier.

Anyone know of any others out there? What do you think needs to change for these people to get caught?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-a-serial-killer-gang-murdering-young-men-across-the-us

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-chicago-women-strangled-20180103-story.html
Luck or a real break, like one of the perps runs their mouth while drunk/high and someone turns on them. Random crime were the perp has little connection to the victim is pretty hard to stop. More surveillance would help but cities like Chicago have a million places where you could kill someone unnoticed. just sayin.

Majority of the women in Chicago were sex workers. It's dangerous work.

That's not true. At least not true locally. Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus were news stories constantly reported on from the time they disappeared. Their families were always holding rallies and organizing events to keep them in the public eye and the media here always covered it. This went on for years. Michelle Knight was thought to be a runaway and had no real family to speak of and unfortunately didn't receive the same attention.

I've been following the Chicago stuff off and on for a year or so, but the Smiley Face Gang is new to me, and much scarier.

Anyone know of any others out there? What do you think needs to change for these people to get caught?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-a-serial-killer-gang-murdering-young-men-across-the-us

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-chicago-women-strangled-20180103-story.html
I'm not familiar with these cases, I'll read up on them a bit when I'm not at work. I'm a sucker for true crime stuff.

but re: the part I bolded above, in reference to murders/assaults in general as well as serial cases, legalization or at least decriminalization of sex work as well as a shift in public perception/destigmatization could be one thing that would help limit the ease of access to victims.

growing up, we had Kendall Francois near us. dude was killing prostitutes (AND STUFFING THEM INTO THE WALLS OF HIS PARENTS' HOUSE) and one of the reasons he got away with it for so long was that nobody gives a shit about prostitutes, missing or not. and nowadays, legislation like FOSTA/SESTA is pushing many sex workers back into more dangerous street work.

I think you're probably looking more for methods of tracking and catching, but the Francois thing always stuck with me

Nah, it was open ended.
There's sense in what you're saying.
in addition to being able to report missing sex workers without fear of endangering them, it would be good for them to be able to report clients who are violent (beyond agreed upon/consented to boundaries) because it would keep other sex workers safe AND they could be aware of escalating violence. with Francois again, when it came out that he was doing this, plenty of area sex workers were like "oh yeah that dude, fuck that guy, one time he strangled me so I never went with him again" but of course nobody reported it because they knew they wouldn't be taken seriously, AND they were putting themselves at risk of arrest.

Same deal with the Green river killer.
Girls would report a creepy guy in a truck but no one took them seriously because they were prostitutes. Turns out. It was a creepy guy in a truck. Not that they would have gotten him right away but it could have helped and saved lives.

• Gravy
Reactions: august
Same deal with the Green river killer.
Girls would report a creepy guy in a truck but no one took them seriously because they were prostitutes. Turns out. It was a creepy guy in a truck. Not that they would have gotten him right away but it could have helped and saved lives.
I now drive a Prius.