mmmm....lollipops

My stepfather was dying of throat cancer, after the docs removed most if his tongue they gave him the pops to suck on. Worked out good especially after they removed more of his throat and he had to have a feeding tube. It was something for him to suck on since he would never be able to eat food again.

He died 2 years ago may. It was horrible to watch. Fuck cancer.

sorry for your loss:(

mu dad has cancer in his esophagus.... he weighs about 100lbs
fuck cancer.

sorry for your loss:(

mu dad has cancer in his esophagus.... he weighs about 100lbs
fuck cancer.

So sorry you and your family have to go thru something so horrible.

I know for me one of the hardest things was watching the man who helped raise me, who was always strong mentally and physically, who helped me make my science projects every year ect., deteriorate to the point where he looked like the dead walking. I hate to say it out loud, or even type it for that matter but i felt relieved when he passed. He was in a coma for three weeks before he passed. It was better that way, for him n us. I cried not for his death but for how horrible and painful his life was the last few years. He didnt deserve that. I miss him.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Wow, this is an old thread. Where did this come from? My mom and mother-in-law both died of cancer in 2008. The morphine didn't touch my mother-in-law's pain. It was horrific. My mom really wasn't so bad and only used sub-q morphine drops to make her breathing easier when she was struggling.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Wow, this is an old thread. Where did this come from? My mom and mother-in-law both died of cancer in 2008. The morphine didn't touch my mother-in-law's pain. It was horrific. My mom really wasn't so bad and only used sub-q morphine drops to make her breathing easier when she was struggling.
my grandma passed from AML and they had her all doped in hospice at my mother's home and she was mostly out but when she would wake up she was all goofy....she woke up once and of course when she would have any movement we'd all come in and sit with her and I guess we were just kind of all standing over her and she was like "oh my goodness, I feel like I'm in an old movie right now"

prior to finding out she had AML she had just had a mastectomy and beat breast cancer and she woke up once and goes "I didn't even need to lose that titty!"

also yes, fuck cancer took my grandma gina(above) and my grandfather in his 60's from prostate cancer! My grandma on my dad's side beat Lymphoma though so we showed that cancer who is boss!!!!!!