gator - it was tough
deer - yummy
buffalo - a little dry
ostrich - okay
snake - really did remind me of chicken
squid - fresh is best
calf fries/rockie mountain oyster/calf nuts - not bad actually
other things

and of course I can't forget...fat tumors (lipoma) from dogs used as a substitute for oil - really wasn't bad

fly said:
wtf

I've had calamari from some pretty high dollar places and not once did it ever "melt in your mouth."
Come up here and I'll bring you to a place where it does :D

It's lightly fried in a parmesean coating :drool:

This place also serves a seared tuna steak coated with sesame seeds and served over wasabi mashed potatoes that will make you cream yourself.

ChikkenNoodul said:
This place also serves a seared tuna steak coated with sesame seeds and served over wasabi mashed potatoes that will make you cream yourself.

There is an excellent resturant down here that serves something similar. Pan seared tuna = win!!!!

ChikkenNoodul said:
:drool: yes it does

For being so close to the sea, Boston has a lot of shitty seafood places. Even so-called upscale $40 a plate places suck. Oddly enough, the place we love is in NH.

My place is a tiny little 15 table resturant called Michael's Grille. sooooo yummy.

Fat Burger said:
Oh yeah? I know of one in Portland, but it's a ways away from my house.

Yep I just verified that it was on their online menu so I know that they have it nationally now.

My wife gave me the strangest look when I ordered one :fly:

nothing is better than eating something you harvested, cleaned, and cooked yourself.

I found the ostrich burger at Fudruckers to be too dry for my tastes. I don't know if it's just due to ostrich meat not having as much fat, or if they just overcooked it.

bast_imret said:
I found the ostrich burger at Fudruckers to be too dry for my tastes. I don't know if it's just due to ostrich meat not having as much fat, or if they just overcooked it.

Have to ask 'em to cook it right..... the first one I had was dry, the second time I tried one, I had it cooked borderline medium rare/medium and it was perfect.

bast_imret said:

Probably overcooked it because the one's I've had were good.