Mmm, buffalo

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
We're heading out to Ted's Montana grill and I'm going to eat some bison. Made me think, what kinds of "exotic" meats/foods have you tried?

I'll add to this as I can think of it...
1. Snake : tough, tastes like dark chicken meat
2. Gator : white meat, kinda tough but very good
3. Ostrich : awesome. think steak, but less dense. very little fat
4. Bison : exactly like steak but less fat
5. Eel : like a meater fish
6. Stingray : almost exactly like scallops
7. Turtle : like chicken, but less dense and more fat
8. Frog : like fatty chicken
9. Snails : like oysters
10. Deer : sort of like a beef ... but ... a slightly different flavor
11. Squid/Octopus : buttery and tender when fresh, rubber when not fresh or overcooked

Last edited:
NeedMoreEmo said:
Not much..I tried octopus last month, it was too chewwy for me.

That's what I thought when I tried squid, aren't they about the same thing? It didn't taste bad, but it was almost like chewing on a piece of rubber.

dreamwalker said:
That's what I thought when I tried squid, aren't they about the same thing? It didn't taste bad, but it was almost like chewing on a piece of rubber.
cicadas are just like that, rubber

theacoustician said:
I highly recommend it if you can find it. Its better for you than beef.
They serve it seven days a week at the resturant across the streat from me, Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm is tht stuff gooooood.....:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

dreamwalker said:

Then they didn't make it right. Ahhh...there is a plcae in Savannah called "Olympia Cafe" and their calamari melts in your mouth! Yum. Wish I could give you a recipe for that but thats a little beyond my food knowledge!

JJ Lady said:
Then they didn't make it right. Ahhh...there is a plcae in Savannah called "Olympia Cafe" and their calamari melts in your mouth! Yum. Wish I could give you a recipe for that but thats a little beyond my food knowledge!

Could be. The only reason I had it that time was a drug rep was bringing lunch in for us, and the physician assistant I worked with ordered calamari. No one else in the office had tried it before, and being the generous person that she is she offered to share. A few weren't that brave, some of us were adventurous enough to try it. I figured the worst that would happen would be that I'd hate it, but at least I'd know what it was like.

I'm getting a few of my recipes together for you folks here :)

JJ Lady said:

wtf

I've had calamari from some pretty high dollar places and not once did it ever "melt in your mouth."