Mmm, buffalo

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
We're heading out to Ted's Montana grill and I'm going to eat some bison. Made me think, what kinds of "exotic" meats/foods have you tried?

I'll add to this as I can think of it...
1. Snake : tough, tastes like dark chicken meat
2. Gator : white meat, kinda tough but very good
3. Ostrich : awesome. think steak, but less dense. very little fat
4. Bison : exactly like steak but less fat
5. Eel : like a meater fish
6. Stingray : almost exactly like scallops
7. Turtle : like chicken, but less dense and more fat
8. Frog : like fatty chicken
9. Snails : like oysters
10. Deer : sort of like a beef ... but ... a slightly different flavor
11. Squid/Octopus : buttery and tender when fresh, rubber when not fresh or overcooked

Last edited:

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
I'll try anything once. Bison sounds interesting... I'm coming with you for dinner.

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Planet Hell
NeedMoreEmo said:
Not much..I tried octopus last month, it was too chewwy for me.

That's what I thought when I tried squid, aren't they about the same thing? It didn't taste bad, but it was almost like chewing on a piece of rubber.

H

Harper

dreamwalker said:
That's what I thought when I tried squid, aren't they about the same thing? It didn't taste bad, but it was almost like chewing on a piece of rubber.
cicadas are just like that, rubber

A

Arthur Pendragon

theacoustician said:
I highly recommend it if you can find it. Its better for you than beef.
They serve it seven days a week at the resturant across the streat from me, Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm is tht stuff gooooood.....:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
Savannah, GA
dreamwalker said:

Then they didn't make it right. Ahhh...there is a plcae in Savannah called "Olympia Cafe" and their calamari melts in your mouth! Yum. Wish I could give you a recipe for that but thats a little beyond my food knowledge!

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Planet Hell
JJ Lady said:
Then they didn't make it right. Ahhh...there is a plcae in Savannah called "Olympia Cafe" and their calamari melts in your mouth! Yum. Wish I could give you a recipe for that but thats a little beyond my food knowledge!

Could be. The only reason I had it that time was a drug rep was bringing lunch in for us, and the physician assistant I worked with ordered calamari. No one else in the office had tried it before, and being the generous person that she is she offered to share. A few weren't that brave, some of us were adventurous enough to try it. I figured the worst that would happen would be that I'd hate it, but at least I'd know what it was like.

I'm getting a few of my recipes together for you folks here :)

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
Steam
mattressfish
JJ Lady said:

wtf

I've had calamari from some pretty high dollar places and not once did it ever "melt in your mouth."