Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Austin, Land of pot and...pot
www.jesustomars.com
Marklar
₥0
Mississippi Residents Reel From Smokeless Tobacco Shortage
Skoal Reports Heavy Losses, Copenhagen Files For Chapter 11

Biloxi, Mississippi – Local gunshop owners sat in front of a local Piggly Wiggly, hoisting a carton of Skoal to a makeshift tower in the parking lot. Holding a Remington shotgun and a megaphone, Bob Hampton of Shubuta tells the crowd, “The next group of you <expletive> steals from the Piggly, you get buckshot in the backside! I ain’t <expletive> ya!”

The devastation of Hurricane Katrina can still be felt around small towns in Mississippi, as a sudden shortage of smokeless tobacco and Natural Light beer has left the state panicked. Governor Haley Barbour declared a state of emergency on television late Sunday night, pleading for an end to the crisis that has left local shops torn apart and local residents scouring the trailers for half-full spit bottles.

The storm is blamed for at least 68 deaths and over 375,000 empty bottom lips. Mississippi officials said at least 55 people were killed in barroom brawling over stocks of Natural Light and Miller High Life, including 30 who were killed in an apartment complex near the Biloxi beach after a gun battle broke out over a supply of Copenhagen Long Cut. Alabama reported two deaths, but they were black. The storm killed 11 people last week when it made its initial landfall in Florida.

A man in Biloxi told CNN affiliate WKRG-TV he believed his wife was killed after she was ripped from his grasp when their trailer home was raided by local hooligans searching for smokeless tobacco.

"I held her hand as tight as I could," the man said. "She told me, Git the Rooster Long Cut, Jimmy.' She told me to take care of the kids and that tube of Rooster ... we ain't got nowhere to go. I'm lost. That's all I had."

Added the man, “You got a bottle or some shit?”

The Federal Emergency Management Agency is preparing to distribute "at least tens of thousands of boxes of Nicorette ... for literally months on end," the agency's director, Michael Brown, said Monday night. But Govenor Barbour believes that the patch alone will not prevent further violence, and has asked neighboring states to “give up a pinch” for their Southern brethren.

“This is the worst ever,” said Barbour between spits. “This is our Dale Earnhardt.”

Sorry, had to break it out. See if it was still fresh. Please continue.
edit:// thanks to elpmis for getting me to write it.

Strangest thing. I was actually wondering if you were going to write about it before you posted this. Should've wondered if I'd find a suitcase filled with a million bucks.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Chaw has to be the SEXIEST habit, ever. :drool:

In the dorms in college, there were some guys on my floor that kept getting in trouble because they would spit it behind the sinks in the bathroom and in the drinking foutains. It was nasty! Luckily I didn't have to see the mess they made in their bathroom, but no one dared use the drinking fountains.

kiwi said:
In the dorms in college, there were some guys on my floor that kept getting in trouble because they would spit it behind the sinks in the bathroom and in the drinking foutains. It was nasty! Luckily I didn't have to see the mess they made in their bathroom, but no one dared use the drinking fountains.
:shudder:

I got to see a guy drink from his own spit cup accidentally once :p turned green

ChikkenNoodul said:

I got to see a guy drink from his own spit cup accidentally once :p turned green

I too have witnessed that act...... the really bad part of it was, he went about 325 at the time, we had him stuffed in the back seat of his Geo Metro because he was delirious drunk. Next thing we hear is him saying how thirsty he is, he grabs his spitter and chugs it and about 4.7 seconds later, up came everything :barf: It was nasty.

BigDov said:
I too have witnessed that act...... the really bad part of it was, he went about 325 at the time, we had him stuffed in the back seat of his Geo Metro because he was delirious drunk. Next thing we hear is him saying how thirsty he is, he grabs his spitter and chugs it and about 4.7 seconds later, up came everything :barf: It was nasty.

Good thing he was in his car.

Does anyone have the gif of the drunk guy drinking and puking into his glass and then drinking it and puking again? That was some funny shit.

ChikkenNoodul said:

I've done that before :mad:
sad part was the guy was a german baron...old friend of mine
I didn't puke though, I spit it out the window of his BMW I was driving and it went all over the side :fly:

I used to dip to cut down on smoking during swim season...skoal longcut classic :drool:

:lol:

b_sinning said:
Dipping is a nasty nasty habit. Go ahead and pee and poop everywhere while you're at it.

dipping overall is nasty, yes, but those who do it in a manner that inconveniences(or even sickens) others are even worse

i dunno, the spitting doesn't bother me that much. it's the bottles full of spit that get to me. if they'd just get rid of the bottles every now and then it wouldn't be so gross.

oh, and i find the people who don't have to spit strangely disturbing too.

Jonny_B said:
i dunno, the spitting doesn't bother me that much. it's the bottles full of spit that get to me. if they'd just get rid of the bottles every now and then it wouldn't be so gross.

oh, and i find the people who don't have to spit strangely disturbing too.
There is a guy around my office that walks around dipping. no bottle. wtf