Ontopic Mission to Uranus

God, I can only imagine the hardon all this stuff gives you. :lol: Wanna talk about the Space Shuttle program? Probably not, because it was all engineered before Elon was born.
Hard on? Hardly.

I've been on the river all day drinking. And I'm fairly drunk, so I probably won't say this 100% correct.

That being said, every single one of these regulations and rules you mock me for pointing out he doesn't follow? They were written in blood. They were written in pain.. these rules,, the unwritten ones that this clown of clowns doesn't follow? They were written due to someone's death. Someone's pain. Someone's changed life.

You find it amusing that I feel strongly about this. Ifind it sad that you don't understand that people have died learning the lessons that this fool is ignoring.

Software is fine to move fast and without regard to regulations. Physical devices? Things that have enough energy to take someone's life? Those you don't chose to take shortcuts with.

Elon isn't an engineer. No matter what title he has bestowed upon himself.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Move fast, break things.

The article I read was those mini satellites happened to be launched during a CME event and the solar winds added more drag on the satellites and they couldn't reach final altitude. At least one already deorbited and burned up.

edit: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...-40-spacex-satellites-out-of-orbit-180979566/

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor

Like, they have engineers working on this stuff you idiots. They got it wrong. It was a test, so that's okay. They learned from it, just like NASA did when that dude died.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers

Like, they have engineers working on this stuff you idiots. They got it wrong. It was a test, so that's okay. They learned from it, just like NASA did when that dude died.

If only someone had thought about calculating how much load concrete could take under the punishment of 30 rocket motors and then designed it to take the abuse. It's something nobody could possibly have seen coming!

Aim for the taint, bro.

• Gravy
If only someone had thought about calculating how much load concrete could take under the punishment of 30 rocket motors and then designed it to take the abuse. It's something nobody could possibly have seen coming!

Aim for the taint, bro.
I love that you quoted Elon saying they did that before the launch.

I can't see twits.

It's really a shame nobody's ever done math on the strength of concrete though. Really sad. Such a cutting edge, unknown, untested material.
So then you're just commenting based on ElonHate, not on facts. Got it. Their engineers determined that it would be fine for one launch. They did the math. It was wrong. It happens. The only difference is that SpaceX isn't allowed to be wrong, test or not.

So then you're just commenting based on ElonHate, not on facts. Got it. Their engineers determined that it would be fine for one launch. They did the math. It was wrong. It happens. The only difference is that SpaceX isn't allowed to be wrong, test or not.
lol

They can see so far because they're riding on the shoulders of giants. It's weird that they only take to heart the lessons that are expedient enough to implement quickly though. It's almost like SpaceX is run by an impatient idiot.

lol

They can see so far because they're riding on the shoulders of giants. It's weird that they only take to heart the lessons that are expedient enough to implement quickly though. It's almost like SpaceX is run by an impatient idiot.
They thought it would hold. It didnt. It was a test. No one was hurt. There is literally no story here.

If this was any place else other than SpaceX, none of you folks with a hardon for Elon failures would care one iota.

They thought it would hold. It didnt. It was a test. No one was hurt. There is literally no story here.

If this was any place else other than SpaceX, none of you folks with a hardon for Elon failures would care one iota.
If Elon had nothing to do with it then it would be the fault of that evil sinister Jeff Bezos!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: fly

If it was NASA I'd have heartburn because there's literally thousands of years of data for concrete, and it's all available for anyone to read and use.

It's SpaceX, so naturally any criticism at all makes your peepee wither.

• Gravy
If it was NASA I'd have heartburn because there's literally thousands of years of data for concrete, and it's all available for anyone to read and use.

It's SpaceX, so naturally any criticism at all makes your peepee wither.
Yes, I'm sure *none* of the hundreds (thousands?) of engineers that work at SpaceX knew about that data and reviewed it before making a decision to use it. Makes total sense.

Yes, I'm sure *none* of the hundreds (thousands?) of engineers that work at SpaceX knew about that data and reviewed it before making a decision to use it. Makes total sense.
Great, so now you acknowledge that they did that stupid shit on purpose.

Now, why was it a good idea?

They thought it would hold.
Nah. They didn't.

Jenkum is right. As a species we have literally forgotten more about concrete than we know. There exist tables upon tables upon tables that depict load calculations and how concrete will perform under those loads.
Them (Elon) saying "we thought it would hold" means the people in charge of those decisions should be fired. "We thought it would hold" means a factor of safety of around 1, give or take 10%. The amount of damage shown? The massive fucking chunks of concrete shot off everywhere? The damage to the Liquid Oxygen tanks from that concrete?

Nah, broseph. They didn't think it would hold. Not anyone worth their salt at least.