Ontopic Mission to Uranus

It blew up in a very controlled way as well, I'm sure the telemetric and parametric data they got out of that will tell them exactly why it happened so they can fix it. They had at least 30 seconds of weirdness before it went into the death spiral
I was wondering how good their telemetry is. Seems kinda short sighted to do everything over water where it is guaranteed that you are going to be unable to recover a significant amount of your prototype when shit goes sideways

I was wondering how good their telemetry is. Seems kinda short sighted to do everything over water where it is guaranteed that you are going to be unable to recover a significant amount of your prototype when shit goes sideways
I think they have enough data that they probably dont care much about the physicality of failure.

It's only boating weirdos that might get dead over water though.

It blew up in a very controlled way as well, I'm sure the telemetric and parametric data they got out of that will tell them exactly why it happened so they can fix it. They had at least 30 seconds of weirdness before it went into the death spiral
Yeah, they blew it up. So far, we know that several of the engines didn't light, and second stage separation never happened. But it got up 24 miles, which is still pretty damn impressive for the largest, most complicated rocket ever built.

Ummm, everyone does it over water so shit doesn't land on people.

If they launched it over land I can see the post now from @Mr. Argumentor: ELON IS WRECKLESS AND ENDANGERING REAL PEOPLE'S LIVES

• Haha
Reactions: Peppers
i hope he has many prototypes
Next launch will be in less than 3 months. If they retain their vehicle, they launch again in less than 30 days, when they need to deploy a new one like in this case, its about 3 month cycles.

Elon is a giant douche, but SpaceX is fucking amazing.

Yeah, they blew it up. So far, we know that several of the engines didn't light, and second stage separation never happened. But it got up 24 miles, which is still pretty damn impressive for the largest, most complicated rocket ever built.
Depending on how you define complexity, the N1 seems to have it beat.

I just wish Elon were in the starship when it blew up.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
You do realize all the oversight that goes into this right? ELON IS WRECKLESS AND ENDANGERING REAL PEOPLE'S LIVES
Bro, they didn't even try to form any concrete in such a way that it would deflect the blast. He just sent it.

Oversight doesn't fucking matter when someone decides "I don't need this piece of safety gear that everyone installs! There's no rule for it, so I can do away with it!"

Windows shattered up to 6 miles away. But its ok, there's oversight!

Depending on how you define complexity, the N1 seems to have it beat.

I just wish Elon were in the starship when it blew up.
It had less engines and also will never have a successful flight. I'm not a rocket surgeon, but everything I've seen says Starship is more complex than whatever crazy shit the Russians came up 60 years ago.

Bro, they didn't even try to form any concrete in such a way that it would deflect the blast. He just sent it.

Oversight doesn't fucking matter when someone decides "I don't need this piece of safety gear that everyone installs! There's no rule for it, so I can do away with it!"

Windows shattered up to 6 miles away. But its ok, there's oversight!
ELON POURS CONCRETE, IS WRECKLESS, AND IS ENDANGERING REAL PEOPLE'S LIVES

ohnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Haha
Reactions: Peppers
It had less engines and also will never have a successful flight. I'm not a rocket surgeon, but everything I've seen says Starship is more complex than whatever crazy shit the Russians came up 60 years ago.
no, it had more engines. 30 in the first stage, 8 in the second, 4 in the third, 1 in the fourth, and 1 in the fifth.

and the starship/heavy booster hasn't had a successful flight either.

ELON POURS CONCRETE, IS WRECKLESS, AND IS ENDANGERING REAL PEOPLE'S LIVES

ohnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Good sir, the correct spelling is “reckless”.

Elon has plenty of wrecks, including this rocket, so he is not at all wreckless.