Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Steam
heyfubuddy
We need to start a countdown to the James Webb Telescope launch
(not so) fun fact
I worked on the facility upgrades at JSC to retrofit a giant vacuum chamber with cryogenic panels for testing of the JWST
I left before it was done, so theres no telling if the dipshits got them put in right. I was barely able to get them to build it right ffs.

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
(not so) fun fact
I worked on the facility upgrades at JSC to retrofit a giant vacuum chamber with cryogenic panels for testing of the JWST
I left before it was done, so theres no telling if the dipshits got them put in right. I was barely able to get them to build it right ffs.
77k or 4k? hazardous cryogens are fun

Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Steam
heyfubuddy
77k or 4k? hazardous cryogens are fun
Not sure, I didnt get to run it, we just built all the cryo panels
Whatever matches closest to the cold of deep space...like -400F or so, I think.
Basically big pie wedge shaped floor panels with d-shaped tubing welded to the bottom, all aluminum structural frame with 2021 (I think, its been a while) skin on it. The pieces were to fit into the floor space of the chamber then be jumpered together.
The thing was a beast, like 30 feet across or so.
But like I said, Id bailed before we could install.

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
Not sure, I didnt get to run it, we just built all the cryo panels
Whatever matches closest to the cold of deep space...like -400F or so, I think.
Basically big pie wedge shaped floor panels with d-shaped tubing welded to the bottom, all aluminum structural frame with 2021 (I think, its been a while) skin on it. The pieces were to fit into the floor space of the chamber then be jumpered together.
The thing was a beast, like 30 feet across or so.
But like I said, Id bailed before we could install.
thats 4k, liquid helium. Space is like 2-4k most the time unless you're in the sun

Immigrant

full of tales of hot tail
Apr 26, 2016
I’d love to have my consciousness placed into a cyborg. What say you?

Would being cryogenically stored like Disney make that a possibility?

Sorry to go off topic but I figured this thread would provide answers quicker than the pooping thread.

wetwillie

Butt Hamster
May 24, 2018
Mid MIchigan
I’d love to have my consciousness placed into a cyborg. What say you?

Would being cryogenically stored like Disney make that a possibility?

Sorry to go off topic but I figured this thread would provide answers quicker than the pooping thread.
I think a number of people here could code up a random "Immi Says". Sort of like the mystery 8 ball. Wouldn't be the same but probably funny as hell.
1612993045219.png

Ðogesayer

never met a virtue I wont signal
Apr 16, 2016
WOW
zexpf9j1wei61.png

Ðogesayer

never met a virtue I wont signal
Apr 16, 2016
SpaceX is fuckin' amazing. At this rate, i bet we have a human on mars by 2030, and itll be a private citizen, not a NASA astronaut.
That's actually disgusting, but go off.

There was like a 40yr period of US history where we weren't entirely beholden to the whims of the wealthy.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor

wetwillie

Butt Hamster
May 24, 2018
Mid MIchigan
That's actually disgusting, but go off.

There was like a 40yr period of US history where we weren't entirely beholden to the whims of the wealthy.
Well, one thing I personally like about a space billionaire like Elon is he isn't spending a lot of taxpayer money on figuring out when and where the universe started and other grander aspirations of space exploration and astronomy . He wants to build something that can go up, do its shit, come back down. I personally resent a large portion of what is spent on astronomical science via tax dollars. That's someone else's religion.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer