Ontopic Mission to Uranus

They said it can't handle the user density in metro areas. So not for a long time at least.
I'm willing to wait. Anything that brings competition to my market is going to help.

Right now my choices are 5G, Centurylink DSL at 20Mbps, or Comcast.

So we have Comcast.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
They're offering it here in Nova Scotia now, which 45N cuts through.

I think all of us take high speed internet for granted. Would you want to live in a town where you only have dialup internet? Could you operate a business without it these days? I think starlink will literally save small towns.

Here's a map of Nova Scotia where >1mbps internet is available. There might be DSL outside the splotches but they don't count it if you can't get it reliably, eg if you have several customers sharing 1mbps.

View attachment 12811
Oh wow, I did not realize that the beta was being offered in Canada yet. I thought Starlink just got the first portion of government approval and thought they still had other regulatory approvals to go through. Awesome!

It seems that it was expected after the two previous cable breaks, but still kinda sad.
yeah, i just didnt expect it so soon, as so completely. Looks like all the cables were on the way out at the same time.

Im surprised they didnt have routine maintenance checks like bridges

tpben8lh3l461.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: adi