Ontopic Mission to Uranus

So this is a rockstar month for space.

the moon having water, and a large stock of helium3 makes it a tremendous launching point for space industry.

They need to clarify 1% of the the water in the sahara desert though, because the sahara desert has billions of gallons of water in the nubian sandstone aquifer underneath it.

Staaaaaaaaarlink in Spaaaaaaaaace

It's hot boys and girls!

I think my parents in bumfuck nowhere are above 100 a month for 2mbit DSL.

They pay 40 dollars in mandatory phone charges
15 dollars in "unlimited local calls"
and like 55 for the DSL itself.

Theyll never get rid of their landline though, so theyd still be at 55 + 100

I think my parents in bumfuck nowhere are above 100 a month for 2mbit DSL.

They pay 40 dollars in mandatory phone charges
15 dollars in "unlimited local calls"
and like 55 for the DSL itself.

Theyll never get rid of their landline though, so theyd still be at 55 + 100
VOIP landline? That's what we have. And 911 can be included...

I've got 15Meg bonded DSL and it is brutal to do any uploading. Takes for-fucking-ever. Spectrum cable wants $10,000 to extend plant to my house. And the TDS telephone company doesn't offer any other options other than this bonded DSL that I have. Frustrating. One reason why I don't work from home. Faster to drive 12mins to work where I have 200Meg Spectrum to do any work.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
I've got 15Meg bonded DSL and it is brutal to do any uploading. Takes for-fucking-ever. Spectrum cable wants $10,000 to extend plant to my house. And the TDS telephone company doesn't offer any other options other than this bonded DSL that I have. Frustrating. One reason why I don't work from home. Faster to drive 12mins to work where I have 200Meg Spectrum to do any work.
oh fuck you're with TDS too. I remember their absolute bullshit service (which still exists). Their latest fuckery is DNS hijacking and ssl intercept. No tls 1.3 sites work with them because theyre man in the middling all the https connections and denying it currently.

oh fuck you're with TDS too. I remember their absolute bullshit service (which still exists). Their latest fuckery is DNS hijacking and ssl intercept. No tls 1.3 sites work with them because theyre man in the middling all the https connections and denying it currently.
Hmm tls 1.3 works for me.

I haven't noticed dns hijacking. I run pihole locally.

Yeah I'm very interested in Starlink, but I think a few more satellite launches are needed to cover 44.58 degree latitude that I'm at.
They're offering it here in Nova Scotia now, which 45N cuts through.

I think all of us take high speed internet for granted. Would you want to live in a town where you only have dialup internet? Could you operate a business without it these days? I think starlink will literally save small towns.

Here's a map of Nova Scotia where >1mbps internet is available. There might be DSL outside the splotches but they don't count it if you can't get it reliably, eg if you have several customers sharing 1mbps.

ns_highspeed_internet.png