Ontopic Mission to Uranus

Upload might be an issue for someone hosting a Plex server, but its not going to matter for most people. And latencies are like 30ms.

I’m thinking of people in our neighborhood.

We have Fios and Comcast.

Fios works great but people think it should have 100% uptime.

Comcast sucks ass but people who have are dummies and won’t switch to Fios for some reason.

So maybe they’d suck some Elon dick.

I'd go with - about what you pay now...

he will immediately take every customer not within 15 miles of a major metro away from the DSL companies if he prices and markets it right. Its rural and semirural america thatll be the big customer base.

But you gotta remember.... this isnt just america. Starlink is a GLOBAL enterprise.

I'm looking forward to cheap data in remote locations for day job stuff.

Like, being able to pull data from a YEAH BUOY that's 100km offshore without paying a bunch of money for an Iridium modem + data subscription would be awesome.

Guy that used to work here was seriously looking into that
Had plans & everything. Dont think he was ever able to get the wife on board :p

Id be more of a log cabin type

I’d love to do one. It’s like $5000 to get a good one trucked in and set on a level pad.

Then all you’d need is a couple walls for the bathroom and bedroom. Leave the rest open.

containers are coated in toxic shit that all has to be encapsulated or scrubbed off, by the time you frame out the inside to appropriately insulate the giant metal shell, theyre pretty small.... and theyre fuckin expensive.

Stick build is just so much easier.

I’d love to do one. It’s like $5000 to get a good one trucked in and set on a level pad.

Then all you’d need is a couple walls for the bathroom and bedroom. Leave the rest open.

I specd one for work we were gonna use as a lab/testing area
Standard size, sheet-rocked interior, 2 windows, 1 man-door, air conditioning, electrical & water service, trucked here & set up was gonna run us 25-30k