Ontopic Mission to Uranus

Jupiter

Last Saturday I went to a friend's house and watched the Moon occult the star Aldebaran, live streamed to the big screen TV in the comfort of his warm house. He had his 5" refractor outside with a planetary imaging USB camera connected to his laptop, wirelessly streaming to a Roku on his TV.

Fucking technology man.
72cf0c6bcad514fcb9e7e3657d39f5d4.jpg

Last Saturday I went to a friend's house and watched the Moon occult the star Aldebaran, live streamed to the big screen TV in the comfort of his warm house. He had his 5" refractor outside with a planetary imaging USB camera connected to his laptop, wirelessly streaming to a Roku on his TV.

Fucking technology man.
72cf0c6bcad514fcb9e7e3657d39f5d4.jpg

Did you at least give him a reach around?

So the Space X Zuma launch of what was guessed to be a spy satellite worth billions didn't go so well.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/74750...ellite-believed-destroyed-after-spacex-launch

There was a long delay because of concerns about the fairings around the payload section. It's possible they didn't resolve them correctly.

Either way, not a good way to start 2018, Elon.
Except failures are to be expected. I wonder if the government self-insures these things. I assume they probably do. :(