Ontopic Mission to Uranus

Nope. These filaments are gaseous in nature. Basically normal matter, just hard to detect due to how spread out it is. Dark matter, however is hard to detect because it doesnt interact with the electromagnetic spectrum or with any normal (baryonic) matter, the only way it interacts that we've been able to measure is through gravity.

The idea that most of the universe is made up of dark matter probably needs to be revisited

Make sense?
Most of the universe is made up of dark energy, not matter.

:lol: Seemed kinda central to your argument, and there is a HUGE difference...
It's not central to my argument because I don't have an argument. I'm not debating here, I'm talking about something and stating that I'm not sure of the facts.

There is a huge difference here, but I've been talking about matter, aka mass. Dark matter makes up most of the mass of the universe according to current thought. Dark energy makes up most of the energy content of the universe. Together the two make up most of the mass-energy content of the universe.

If you're gonna be pedantic, actually be pedantic

they're bad terms for what they describe

dark matter = "where the fuck is all this extra gravity coming from??"

dark energy = "why the hell are things moving so goddamn fast??"

DM may not be matter at all and DE may not be energy at all. DM might be primordial black holes, DE might just be a function of the universe making more of itself :iono:

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
It's not central to my argument because I don't have an argument. I'm not debating here, I'm talking about something and stating that I'm not sure of the facts.

There is a huge difference here, but I've been talking about matter, aka mass. Dark matter makes up most of the mass of the universe according to current thought. Dark energy makes up most of the energy content of the universe. Together the two make up most of the mass-energy content of the universe.

If you're gonna be pedantic, actually be pedantic
Mass-energy isn't even a thing, so now you're just being silly. As you'll recall, e=mc2. The vast majority of the mass, or energy, of the universe is classified as Dark Energy.

they're bad terms for what they describe

dark matter = "where the fuck is all this extra gravity coming from??"

dark energy = "why the hell are things moving so goddamn fast??"

DM may not be matter at all and DE may not be energy at all. DM might be primordial black holes, DE might just be a function of the universe making more of itself :iono:
You can't call them bad terms when we have no idea what any of it is!

Mass-energy isn't even a thing, so now you're just being silly. As you'll recall, e=mc2. The vast majority of the mass, or energy, of the universe is classified as Dark Energy.
Mass-energy is the common term for what I am describing. It is all over wikipedia and numerous other sites.

Mass is not energy. Mass can be turned into energy. The two are not the same, though.

Yeah, you can do it in theory, but you're talking about measurements we can't really get outside of the lab.

Energy affects mass down to the atomic level. Its why a hydrogen atom (or any atom) has a different weight than the sum of its parts. Its easier just to weigh it, or take the volume and density and go from there, or some other method.