Thread Midlife Erections

One interesting metric is the measure of debt as a percentage of GDP.

Going back to the 1970's, debt/GDP ratios year to year increase every year a Republican is in office, whereas that ratio has gone down whenever a Democrat is in office -- with the exception of Obama. The raw data is available on the CBO website. You'd probably have to graph it yourself. I did it in Excel.

One interesting metric is the measure of debt as a percentage of GDP.

Going back to the 1970's, debt/GDP ratios year to year increase every year a Republican is in office, whereas that ratio has gone down whenever a Democrat is in office -- with the exception of Obama. The raw data is available on the CBO website. You'd probably have to graph it yourself. I did it in Excel.

Its interesting but still not that simple. Rarely do potus policies have an immediate impact on such things. Also note that the figures aren't calculated the same way every year. Until 2000 they simply didn't count social security and medicare as debt, which is why we had a mythical surplus in clintons final years. Plus there a lot of other external factors at play that effect our gdp, none of which under the presidents control and most importantly, presidents don't set budgets. Congress does. The prez makes requests and signs things but there are a few hundred people to blame for the final tally.

I disagree. The rug just happened to be pulled while Republicans were in office. Thankfully, the government doesn't control the free market as much as people would like it to (and as discussed previously, its still too much for me, but whatever).

The deregulation of the banks, plus the government not acting when the CFCT raised flags about the derivatives trading lead to the collapse. This has nothing to do with the Clinton Administration. The one who failed were Bush appointees.

And if you could vote online, you wouldn't have to research candidates?

No, but I think she was saying that voting isn't just as easy as checking a box regardless of how you do it. Don't get me wrong, I believe Ape is incredibly lazy for not getting off her skinny butt and at least caring about any local issues in her area, but I don't think that's what she was getting at with further comments.

No, but I think she was saying that voting isn't just as easy as checking a box regardless of how you do it. Don't get me wrong, I believe Ape is incredibly lazy for not getting off her skinny butt and at least caring about any local issues in her area, but I don't think that's what she was getting at with further comments.

I am not voting. I would if they would make it to where I could vote online.

If I were voting, it wouldn't be for a tea party candidate.

Honestly, I can't see any other way to take it other than her saying that checking a box on a mailer is harder than clicking a box on a computer screen.

Honestly, I can't see any other way to take it other than her saying that checking a box on a mailer is harder than clicking a box on a computer screen.

I think I was more referring to her comment in some post that I don't feel like going back and finding now that said in a sarcastic manner something along the lines of "yeah cause checking a box is all it takes."

aratoeldar likes to use first names when he's trying to drive home one of his usually incorrect points
creepy

i find myself leery of people who align themselves with a single party. there's dipshits on both sides, and smart people on both sides.

i think the tea party is right on with a lot of what they preach, but the party is run by dip shits who will practice something else.