Thread Midlife Erections

Won't be voting for a democrat nor will I be voting for a tea party candidate. I have never and will never vote based on party, solely on an individual's track record.

that being said, obama cut spending and taxes? :lol:

Again, I'm asking for hard numbers on the spending. And everyone I know had their taxes decreased.

well since all the numbers are estimates it's pretty fucking retarded to claim that he cut spending, isn't it :tard:

and every estimate shows an increase in spending. you can't institute a nationwide health care program without spending money. you can't issue another bailout without spending money. the one and only facet of government spending that was cut was transfers and all that means is shifting money from social security. everything else went up.

and if everyone you know had their taxes decreased then they can thank the previous administration because the tax rates for 09 were determined in 08. the 2010 taxes were identical to the previous year. no taxes have been cut for individuals. the withholding rates changed but at the end of the year you still paid the same amount of taxes unless you did something different to lower them in your situation

Last edited:
But can you polish a turd?

Yes you can. They did it on mythbusters

When you mail your bills, you can mail your ballot too.

Mail bills? Who does that? Still, I think she was referring to all the research of candidates that is required prior to voting.

plus the initial TARP

I like how people forget about TARP and blame President Obama for it.

I am voting, and I'm not voting along any party lines. There are a lot of local elections going on here and local officials effect my life more directly than national ones do. I think it's really important to have local representation that supports my needs and the needs of my community.

wtf. You can do a mail in ballot. And early voting is already enabled. You have zero excuse other than you want to sit at home and work on increasing your hip to waist ratio for not voting.
I do that for the presidential election.

Ever since I have been able to vote, there have always been candidates on both sides that I do not back. So basically I vote for the lesser of the two evils.

Voting in America is plain depressing.

govt spending nearly doubled in the 8 years bush was in office. it's funny that all the republicans still think their party stands for fiscal responsibility and conservation. blind sheep.
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/charts.html

Not many people mention it, but the prescription drug program through medicare, which the republicans put in place, will cost more than the stimulus, bailout, and new health care reform. Republicans are nothing but bullshit artists.

obamajobupdate1010.jpg

Democrats shrank US spending, deficit in last fiscal year, figures show
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/10/democrats-shrank-spending-deficit-fiscal-year-figures-show/

The US deficit shrank nine percent last fiscal year but still topped one trillion dollars, the government said Friday in a report seized on by Democrats' rivals weeks ahead of mid-term elections.

For the 2010 fiscal year that ended on September 30, the government had a budget shortfall of 1.294 trillion dollars, down 122 billion dollars from the previous year's record-setting high.

Revenue rose and spending fell amid recovery from recession and as President Barack Obama's Democratic administration wound down some of the emergency measures taken to restore growth.

The final figures "underscored the administration's commitment" to cutting the massive government deficit, Treasury Secretary TimothyGeithner said in a statement.

"By carefully managing the emergency initiatives to stop the financial panic and by accelerating our exit from those investments, we have significantly lowered the cost to taxpayers, bringing the costs of the financial rescue down by more than 240 billion dollars this year."

Democrats shrank US spending, deficit in last fiscal year, figures show
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/10/democrats-shrank-spending-deficit-fiscal-year-figures-show/

The US deficit shrank nine percent last fiscal year but still topped one trillion dollars, the government said Friday in a report seized on by Democrats' rivals weeks ahead of mid-term elections.

For the 2010 fiscal year that ended on September 30, the government had a budget shortfall of 1.294 trillion dollars, down 122 billion dollars from the previous year's record-setting high.

Revenue rose and spending fell amid recovery from recession and as President Barack Obama's Democratic administration wound down some of the emergency measures taken to restore growth.

The final figures "underscored the administration's commitment" to cutting the massive government deficit, Treasury Secretary TimothyGeithner said in a statement.

"By carefully managing the emergency initiatives to stop the financial panic and by accelerating our exit from those investments, we have significantly lowered the cost to taxpayers, bringing the costs of the financial rescue down by more than 240 billion dollars this year."

psst, shrank the deficit from the record high created the previous year by the same administration. title is misleading; spending was not cut. they just took in more money so that the deficit wasn't as high. the "Reduced spending" was the result of overestimating the cost of the 787 stimulus so moving the goalposts allowed them to say "hey we're not going to spend as much as we thought we would so we're going to count that the same as actually spending less than before"

Last edited:
Treasury's TARP, AIG Bailout Costs Fall to $30 Billion
http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-bu...out-costs-fall-to-30-billion?mod=bb-budgeting

The price to taxpayers of the bailouts and financial rescue of 2008 and 2009 continues to fall sharply. In figures to be released later today, the Treasury Department will report that the final net cost of the TARP is expected to be about $50 billion,Yahoo! Finance has learned. Add in expected returns from Treasury's interest in insurance company AIG, and the final net cost will be closer to $30 billion.

The news of the shrunken cost, which comes on the two-year anniversary of the legislation that created TARP, represents a dramatic improvement. It highlights the resilience of the markets, as well as the folly of short-term financial projections. In August 2009, the TARP cost was projected to be $341 billion. In its mid-session review, released in August of this year, the Office of Management and Budget projected the total cost would come to $91 billion.