Thread Midlife Erections

OH SHIT! An honest Republican!

http://climateprogress.org/2010/10/...+(Climate+Progress)&utm_content=Google+Reader

GOP Rep. McClintock: Republicans “Don’t Deserve” A “Second Chance”
"The American people have every right, and every reason, to blame a Republican president and a Republican Congress for the mess that confronted the Obama administration on January 20, 2009 — let us be honest be about this."
October 19, 2010

ThinkProgress filed this story of a conservative blurting out the truth from Costa Mesa, CA:

Speaking at an event last week in Orange County, CA, Rep. Tom McClintock (R-CA) said he expected big gains for his party at this year’s election, but said he worried that Republicans would squander the victory, as they had in the past, by nominating a slew of “bad candidates” and having a lackluster commitment to conservative principles:

The American people are about to give Republicans a second chance that we know we don’t deserve, that we haven’t earned. … The American people have every right, and every reason, to blame a Republican president and a Republican Congress for the mess that confronted the Obama administration on January 20, 2009 — let us be honest be about this.

ThinkProgress attended the luncheon at the opulent Center Club in Costa Mesa, which was hosted by the Pacific Research Institute, an oil-funded right-wing think tank.

McClintock — a tea party favorite with a strong libertarian streak — had particularly harsh words for his party’s nominee for governor, former eBay CEO Meg Whitman. Asked about Whitman following his remarks, McClintock suggested she is not loyal to the “principles of the American Founders,” and said he agrees with her Democratic opponent Jerry Brown as much as he agrees with Whitman:

My loyalty is to the principles of the American Founders. My loyalty to the Republican party and to its candidates extends only so far as they are loyal to those principles. And I don’t see that in the current ticket. Two of the people on the Republican ticket were singularly responsible for biggest tax increase by any state in American history. These are Whitman’s handpicked running mates. [...]

I look at all of these things and I realize I agree with her maybe 20 percent of the time. I agree with Jerry Brown about 20 percent of the time. I agree with the libertarians about 80 percent of the time. So I’m not making an endorsement, particularly for that!

McClintock endorsed Whitman’s opponent during the GOP primary, and publicly criticized her during that time. “I’m afraid that if Whitman were the nominee, the Republican base would have no reason to turn out,” he said in April. His comments yesterday were unusually strong for fellow member of the same party so close to the general election.

And while McClintock expressed strong loyalty to House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH), he acknowledged that the Boehner’s “Pledge to America” governing agenda was somewhat lacking. During his speech, McClintock noted that conservatives were widely disappointed by the “Pledge,” and ThinkProgress asked him afterwards if there is any validity to their criticism. “There’s a lot of stuff I would have liked to see in it, and there are several things I didn’t like to see in it,” he said. And while saying the purpose of the pledge is to lay out “principles” and not necessarily specifics, McClintock admitted that one specific policy prescription — bringing federal spending back to 2008 levels — “doesn’t nearly anyway nearly far enough.”

I am not voting. I would if they would make it to where I could vote online.

If I were voting, it wouldn't be for a tea party candidate.

wtf. You can do a mail in ballot. And early voting is already enabled. You have zero excuse other than you want to sit at home and work on increasing your hip to waist ratio for not voting.

There you go. A quality joke by an American.

Just goes to show you that sometimes the sun does shine on a dog's ass :)

Seriously. You are interested in politics of a country you despise with every sense of your being. You are giving compliments to people. You have not started a fight lately. There have been no heated debates.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!

I'm just wondering how many people here are going to vote for a tea party candidate, or non democrat in these upcoming midterm elections?

A lot of people I know who are going to vote against the democrats will be doing so because they want lower taxes, plus less government spending. Funny though that not many of them know that the Obama administration has cut spending, and also cut taxes a bit. Well I guess it's not that funny. How else are people going to know when you have anti-Obama people spewing bullshit about out-of-control federal spending.

So what are you thoughts on the midterms? Are you going to vote left? Right? Far right?

What is influencing your vote?

Biggest influence - Are the an incumbent. If they are, they are gone.

Some exceptions - Rick Scott - If florida votes this Obvious crook into government, then this state deserves the ass raping it will get.

Christine O'Donnell - Just the tip of the Palin Iceberg. I pray to god that Stupid but Fuckable doesn't become the driving political force in America.

Seriously. You are interested in politics of a country you despise with every sense of your being. You are giving compliments to people. You have not started a fight lately. There have been no heated debates.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!

account hijacked

wtf. You can do a mail in ballot. And early voting is already enabled. You have zero excuse other than you want to sit at home and work on increasing your hip to waist ratio for not voting.

I, for one, enjoy Ape's delicious curves :drool:

Also,

Last edited by a moderator:
then again, I'm really of the opinion that we are too greatly infused with stupid in this country to ever get anything fixed without a serious culling.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!

The only reason I have an interest in the politics of this country is because it's such a circus right now.

Then please don't have/use government services. Don't drive on roads, eat unregulated food, do not use power or water facilities. Do not watch TV or listen to the radio. don't get sick as you won't be taken care of. Please stay indoors in a dark and cold place that you have to build fires from trees you have personal cut down.

If Knee-Moe could, she would live exactly as you have described. In fact she's getting pretty close at the moment...