Halp Midlife crisis

I think what might be a good idea would be to ride the TAT on a Zuma first, you know, to see if it's possible. Better to do that in the US with AAA membership first.
Not sure how a AAA membership would help in Mongolia, I'd probably just forgo it on the TAT (though I consider myself more handy than most).

So as I enter my golden years, stuck in this corporate hell, I long for more adventure.

I have been watching videos and reading stories from the Mongol Rally and I am warming up to the idea of "competing".

For those of you that don't know:

http://www.theadventurists.com/mongol-rally

You can enter in with motorized bikes (mopeds prefered). I would go this route, using I think a Yamaha Zuma 50f perhaps with a Moto Mule trailer.

Would any of you do a crazy trip like this? Am I going crazy?

I have a friend who did this rally a few years back.

They have a convenient service to getting your passport stamped with whichever visas are appropriate for the countries you plan to pass through as well!

I think I am getting too worked up on the prospect of actually doing this, especially if you two are genuinely interested summer 2018.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
They have a convenient service to getting your passport stamped with whichever visas are appropriate for the countries you plan to pass through as well!

I think I am getting too worked up on the prospect of actually doing this, especially if you two are genuinely interested summer 2018.

It’s brilliantly simple. We give you a start point and a finish point but where you go or what you do in between is entirely your steaming bag of adventuring magic. We recommend that you don’t spend too long planning your route or poring over useful maps or guidebooks. Find out what’s there when you arrive. Unleash the unexpected.

In the past teams have travelled as far south as Iran and Pakistan. Others have ventured into the Arctic Circle. Why not break the mould and go via the Congo or the North Pole?
:lol: these goofs

Always talked about making a cross country trip with a friend of mine. Drink a beer in every state. We drifted apart, got married and each had kids.
Maybe someday I'll make a new itinerary.
Road trip to have a beer with each one of you.
Muhahahaha!
I have done that trip before. My liver hasn't recovered. Part of the reason I gave up drinking honestly.

<3 UF