Mid-February Work Angst Check In

DirkPhoenix

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Austin, Land of pot and...pot
www.jesustomars.com
Marklar
₥0
Someone please break my legs or something so I don't have to keep doing this crap.

After yet another impromptu demo and a laundry list of change requests, the Powers That Don't Know Shit have decided that the project I am working on should be demoed to the Italians, in Italy. Now this should get me all giddy inside, except I'm not going. Instead, I will be working close to 60 hours this week (while my boss and a few others are enjoying the beauty of Italian women) trying to code some stupid-ass changes that they think the Italian military would like.

And I was all excited to see where Rome: Total War was inspired. :(

Anyone else have a nice big Ham Dog of Angst they want to share?

We've been told that in order to "make the quarter more profitable" ALL travel is being cut from here until the end of the quarter (end of March), and that we are being encouraged to "aggressively use" our vacation time.

I told my boss that if he thought I was going to take my vacation time when I don't need to, he's fucking crazy. I've still got about a week's worth of comp time to take........

i've got an 18-page spreadsheet work of internal audit corrections that need to be made by next friday, and half of them are out of my control but won't get done by the appropriate people. of course i'm the only one who will get shat upon

one of the servers for which i'm responsible randomly drops from the network for anywhere from three seconds to five minutes. only get one error once in a while, and it just tells me the connection has been dropped. no problems before two weeks ago, and nothing else is doing the same thing. i've been working on it for way too long.

Kabn said:
one of the servers for which i'm responsible randomly drops from the network for anywhere from three seconds to five minutes. only get one error once in a while, and it just tells me the connection has been dropped. no problems before two weeks ago, and nothing else is doing the same thing. i've been working on it for way too long.

DHCP is broken

I'm actually going back to work in a few minutes after a couple months off.. No angst.. yet..

Sucks about your situation though :( Put some derogatory comments in the code against your boss before you give it to the Italians. :D

*Fuxx Burger* said:
I have a term paper due and a mid term on wed.
3 Mid terms on Thursday.
And a shitload of reading I haven't done yet.

Meh

College is easy. Quit yer whinin.

I have to install $3300 worth of VoIP equipment because one of the asshole doctors feels it's worth that much so that he only has to dial three numbers as opposed to ten to reach the new infusion center. It's also going to make the phones there unreliable since neither Cumcast nor Covad offer decent service in the area and thus when (no if) the phones go down I'll be the one getting bitched at.

Other than that all is well. This is a great job and this new one is gonna have to offer quite a bit of money to make me leave.

I cannt take Vacation time for quite a while since I'm the only one who knows how to handle one of our huge accounts. It will be a good 6 mohts before I can get the new girl trained enough to be able to take 1 day off. Probably a year before I can take more :( I'm hoping to work something out with my old team leader who is no in another deaprtment so that I can actually take my planned 2 days in April