metal = the music of geniuses

Really? Are you sure? Where are you getting these statistics from? Or are you mearly making this statement based on assumption?

I think you are very mistaken when you say that the majority of the consumer base is white. You should come to AL and try to prove that point, or any of the "dirty south" states for that matter. It would be mute. Regardless, I feel exactly the same way for a white teenager that walks up trying to talk in ebonics. I'm usually like W..T..F is wrong with you .. you moron. Talk like a normal person, not one with some sort of speech impediment. Talking like you skipped the first 4 years of grammar school (especially phonics class) .. doesn't make anyone look/sound cool imo.

The "Rap" music industry has transformed itself into what it is perceived as by hiring/producing all these "thug" rappers to prance around in their "bling bling", wear baggy clothes hanging down to the ground, driving SUV's on 70 in rims", proclaiming to have been shot, to have robbed and murdered people, as willing to murder people for talking back to them, having served jail time for violent offences, doing drugs 24/7, "bangin hoes and bitches" every night of the week, and so on and so forth.

They want their image to be that of distaste to the general public .. "gritty" .. shock value. And then when they get it, and it doesn't work quite the way they had anticipated .. they want to cry and push the blame off as being another culture or "the man's" fault.

I'm sorry having mass amounts of bass and a dude speaking fast about how many bitches he banged in the back of his tricked out escalade in the parking lot of the local hot spot after drinking mass amounts of "cristal" through his bling blingin grill, that reminds you of lifesavers strapped to his teeth, with a bandaide taped to his face .. does not constitute as "music". And that is what they have transformed this "genre" into this day and time. You can't help but have that opinion. And they've done it to themselves.

If we have an ill perceived concept of who these people are and what they are about ..

... the hopes and angers of a generation ...

That is definately powerful.

Now, you tell me what I'm supposed to "think". I could care less about what anyone does or doesn't listen to. But when they roll up next to me at the redlight and force ME listen to it, or come up and try to carry on a conversation and then get mad when I cant understand a word coming out of their mouth and act like I'm at fault for somthing .. that's when I start to care.

so you are quoting Ying yang twins as the ambassadors of all rap? the amos and andy of rap?:tard: :tard:

as far as what you think about people who force you to listen to their loud music, I'd counter with the fact that I can't pull up to certian areas of detroit without being subjected to loud and annoying bachata and other mexican music. sure idiots are annoying but you can either say something about or call the cops. they do ticket for noise ordanices.

as a memeber of a local rap pblic access show I do have an idea of how well rap music is selling as far as urban or suburban sales are going. and the market is primary suburban sales.

sure you can quote some of the worse lyrics , but like any genre of music you have the shitty bands and the good ones.
De la soul, The Roots, Common, KRS One, Queen Latifiah..hey Oh look there are some positive ones. and don't even get me started on the christian rap.:fly:

but then agan rock has some wonderful drugaddicts and general wierdoes like Gwar, children of Bodom, Black sabbath and more.:rolleyes:

now if we can get back to the actual topic of the thread. I'd like to know what songs were chosen and used in this study.

so you are quoting Ying yang twins as the ambassadors of all rap? the amos and andy of rap?:tard: :tard:

as far as what you think about people who force you to listen to their loud music, I'd counter with the fact that I can't pull up to certian areas of detroit without being subjected to loud and annoying bachata and other mexican music. sure idiots are annoying but you can either say something about or call the cops. they do ticket for noise ordanices.

as a memeber of a local rap pblic access show I do have an idea of how well rap music is selling as far as urban or suburban sales are going. and the market is primary suburban sales.

sure you can quote some of the worse lyrics , but like any genre of music you have the shitty bands and the good ones.
De la soul, The Roots, Common, KRS One, Queen Latifiah..hey Oh look there are some positive ones. and don't even get me started on the christian rap.:fly:

but then agan rock has some wonderful drugaddicts and general wierdoes like Gwar, children of Bodom, Black sabbath and more.:rolleyes:

now if we can get back to the actual topic of the thread. I'd like to know what songs were chosen and used in this study.
I've personally never thought of Children of Bodom wierd in the slightest. I'd also point out that Roots, KRS One, Common, etc. Do not sell well. They have about the same sized audience as Death Metal, it's fixed. When I worked record store, we'd get one or two copies of their stuff and it'd sit on the shelf for months, whereas we'd get 200~ or so Ying Yang twins, Eminem, and they couldnt be stocked. Rap was also the section you had to (shock) watch for people stealing shit from...

*spins*

I've personally never thought of Children of Bodom wierd in the slightest. I'd also point out that Roots, KRS One, Common, etc. Do not sell well. They have about the same sized audience as Death Metal, it's fixed. When I worked record store, we'd get one or two copies of their stuff and it'd sit on the shelf for months, whereas we'd get 200~ or so Ying Yang twins, Eminem, and they couldnt be stocked. Rap was also the section you had to (shock) watch for people stealing shit from...

*spins*
and remind me again..where was this store?:fly:

Funny how I also quoted Dr. Dre, Snoop, and various other "big name" rappers .. and you didn't care to mention them.

I'm sorry, I just cannot believe that white teenagers are the "main buyers" of rap music. I would need some physical evidence to even remotely sway my mind on that one, sorry. I use to be a teenager and I have friends who have them now .. and not many listen to it.

I quoted those particular rappers because those are some of the main ones selling a vast majority of albums in stores, and who are played daily .. over and over .. on radio stations.

and remind me again..where was this store?:fly:
Um, NY? Near a local mall. It's practically the same in every record store I've been to though. Black people rarely shop outside the Rap section, sometimes R&B. White trash shop rap. White teenagers shop whichever clique they identify with, which includes rap.

The only surprise I ever had was the amount of mexican reggae we sold.

It doesn't matter who buys more rap. What matters is that there is insufficient black leadership sticking up for and guiding their younger generations. Remember when Cosby spoke out about young black men pulling their heads out of their asses? He was ridiculed.

I don't care if you listen to rap, I care if you're a thug with no sense of self. Millions of young black Americans seem to be falling by the wayside and no one seems to care.